Looking for friends! Anyone is fine!

Options

Replies

• roblock81
    roblock81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't let that 2lbs fool you! That is a great loss for a newly switched routine!! New routine equals new muscles being worked. Those muscles want to recover and the only way they know how is to retain & rebuild. That means you might see a smaller change on the scale and sometimes even an increase. It is normal and you will soon reap the benefits from it after your muscles recover!!

As for the non-supportive husband :( that is to bad. My wife was never very supportive either and grew tired of hearing me complain about my weight / diet. She just never understood since she was able to eat anything and never gain a pound. She now gets it after having 2 kids and gaining about 30 lbs though! I think it is just hard for some to understand how it makes you feel until you experience being over weight. Of course she is now my biggest supporter and I am helping her get back into shape also.

I will shoot you a friend request and help you stay motivated! That is the best part about being part of a community with the same goal in mind ;)
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request. I have lost 70 lbs to date and have another 42 to go. I have an open food diary and am always looking for more friends.
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • catemb80
    catemb80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am looking for people who want to cheer on and want to have support
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Always looking to give some words of encouragement! My diary is also open. Feel free the add me.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I'm friendly, feel free to add me! :)
  • LaFaye85
    Options
    please feel free to add me just getting restarted and could use the support too and anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • goldenopp
    Options
    I have lost 30 of my 80 to lose. Something that's helped me is a fitness group on fb. It's for support, motivation and accountability. I can't say enough good about it. It is a closed group so you never feel vulnerable. Would you like to join? We'd love to have anyone whose on their journey.
  • DiveGal
    DiveGal Posts: 11
    Options
    I would love to have some friends on here. My workout buddies and my husband are my best motivators. I had not thought about opening up my diet to everyone's scrutiny though. It does make me feel a bit vulerable, but I see several people posting their's is open so I'll give it a try. Worst thing that could happen is I make it private again, right?

I just restarted on MFP last week but I'm showing my weight loss since I started working on it again in November. Anyone who has replied to this post, please also feel free to send a friend request.

This is the one place I like to say, "I'm happy to be a loser!" LOL!
  • ThinningKB2014
    Options
    You're doing great with your new life-style, and I agree, your husband should be more supportive!! Anyone call feel free to add me as a friend. I was on MFP awhile ago, lost about 15lbs, then stopped tracking. Big mistake! Now I'm getting restarted and determined to stick with it.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    2 lbs. in one week is great! That's actually the recommended way to go - slow and steady wins the race!
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations on your accomplishments already!

I also need motivation! We could give each other motivation! I don't have much of a cheering section myself :grumble:

I just recently reacquainted myself with MFP. I had joined a couple years back, but I guess I had lost my way after losing 35 pounds. And boom - put it back on :sad:

I welcome all new motivating friends to help me stick to it this time!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just started on here yesterday, so I'd love to have more friends to motivate and be motivated by.
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have previosly lost 90+ lbs and kept off for 15 years but now have 28lb to lose since having baby...who is nearly 3! I can totally see how you will need support to reach your goal particularly if you dont have it so much from your husband, maybe once he starts to see the difference in you he will get on board more -fingers crossed. It is your journey and life so try to shrug off some of the negativity and get on with how you want to be in the future, and you have made a great start already!
  • Aberesford22754
    Options
    Hi am new here and am also looking for someone to encourage and support me and I hope I can do the same for other people. :-)
  • jessicalynne25
    Options
    Looking for new friends who will be encouraging and supportive. Being motivated will get me to my goal :) I am a really great supporter to get others to their goal. Plus I'd love to get to know people :)

Add me if ya like
  • MikeWanzuk
    MikeWanzuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Recently starting myself.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am pretty new here, signed up about a week ago and I am really loving it so far. I would like to make a few friends on here and move away from Facebook a little more, it's killing my soul, lol. I have a lot of weight to lose and I would love to find some friends to share the journey with :) If any ladies would like to friend me feel free.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, im looking for friends also who can give me motivation. I got 75 pounds to lose, im in the same situation. we can do this!!
  • btown1mom
    Options
    Hello im new n looking for new friends