Anyone know potassium-rich foods

Options
I never seem to get anywhere near my potassium goal. Not keen on bananas! Anyone know any other potassium-rich foods I could incorporate into my diet

Replies

• Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bananas, bananas.... blend em, mash em, bake or fry em, boil em, muffin them or just eat them.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bananas, bananas.... blend em, mash em, bake or fry em, boil em, muffin them or just eat them.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could simply add a potassium supplement to help you reach your goal? That way you don't have to really mess with your food intake if you don't like the sources of potassium that are out there like bananas. A lot of multi's have a decent amount in them.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know that a Baked Potato actually end up having more potassium per serving than bananas. Raisins are a really good source of potassium too. Along with apricots, cantaloupe, spinach, lima beans, prunes/ prune juice and tomato sauces. Those are all pretty high in potassium.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oh, and milk type products, like a glass of fat free milk, or some plain fat free yogurt.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Club Soda!

One of my favorite alternatives to water....also is high in Potassium. I drink it if I cramp up hours after a run. : ) AND it mixes well with vodka and cranberry juice....bonus! : )
  • mab0669
    Options
    Club Soda is not high in potassium, it does have some, but i'm sure there are better sources.
  • mab0669
    Options
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The best potassium rich item and the tasties... for me at least, is Coconut water. Its soo good after a workout!