Just need to rant a little...

Options
Lexino
Lexino Posts: 153 Member
I'm under a huge deal of stress right now. In march my dad's second divorce was final after 15 years of marriage. He's always been a drinker..pretty much beer daily, but after this it went to a case of beer and a 1.7liter of bacardi, all drank with in two days max. He'd call me everday and just talk and I've been there for him from the very beginning. Well he finally hit rock bottom and pretty much wanted to end his life sunday night. Then he finally said he wanted help. I spent literally HOURS yesterday morning trying to find a place to take him (and talking to his insurance company). It's so sad how hard iit is to find help. I finally got him into a psych hospital and he is now in alcohol detox, and will be going into the residential part of the program. Leaving him there was so hard and I just broke down afterwards, even though I know this is a very good thing. I'm very very close to him, so I just hope this works. Well thanks for listening just needed to get it off my chest!

Replies

• Lexino
    Options
    I'm under a huge deal of stress right now. In march my dad's second divorce was final after 15 years of marriage. He's always been a drinker..pretty much beer daily, but after this it went to a case of beer and a 1.7liter of bacardi, all drank with in two days max. He'd call me everday and just talk and I've been there for him from the very beginning. Well he finally hit rock bottom and pretty much wanted to end his life sunday night. Then he finally said he wanted help. I spent literally HOURS yesterday morning trying to find a place to take him (and talking to his insurance company). It's so sad how hard iit is to find help. I finally got him into a psych hospital and he is now in alcohol detox, and will be going into the residential part of the program. Leaving him there was so hard and I just broke down afterwards, even though I know this is a very good thing. I'm very very close to him, so I just hope this works. Well thanks for listening just needed to get it off my chest!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wish you and your dad the best during this difficult time.
    You both will be in my thoughts and I am sending positive vibes your way.
    You can get through this.
    hugs,
    Nicky
  • Lexino
    Options
    thank you so much
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I want you to know that I am proud of you! In the hustle of life it's hard to take hours out of a day to do things for ourselves let alone the ones we love! You did what your dad needed most! Be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Wow. What an ordeal. I hope your father finds the strength within himself to find the peace to live without alcohol. You sound like an amazing daughter. Remember to take time for yourself too. I find journaling helps me a lot in times of emotional turmoil. Having someone to talk to (counseling) would probably help with the emotional exhaustion too.

You are stronger than you think you are. You are in my prayers.
  • Lexino
    Options
    Wow. What an ordeal. I hope your father finds the strength within himself to find the peace to live without alcohol. You sound like an amazing daughter. Remember to take time for yourself too. I find journaling helps me a lot in times of emotional turmoil. Having someone to talk to (counseling) would probably help with the emotional exhaustion too.

You are stronger than you think you are. You are in my prayers.

Journaling has been my lifeline since I was probably 12 years old. It's amazing how better you feel just writing everything out, even though I'm writing to myself. Thank you all for posting, I really appreciate your support
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    My prayers go out towards you and your father. It's difficult dealing with alcoholism at any level but at this juncture, you've been a really great daughter and it's something I commend you for.

The tribulations in these life can be so overwhelming but keep the faith for a good recovery. Pray that clarity sets forth and may his body heal from all the damage the alcohol has done. Pray that his mind and heart are restored so that he may continue providing for you.

God bless.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I hope he can turn things around =o)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs honey!!!

You are one strong cookie girl!! Its good he's getting help....I hope you have someone you can talk to too....sometimes being the support network for our loved ones drains us, and we need that extra help too....thinking of you!!!

hugs and prayers your way!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You are a wonderful daughter. :heart: :heart: :heart: