Men Repelling Fashion?

Options

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Short hair repels? The men around here didn't get the memo. Men flirt on me MORE now that my hair is short (above chin) than they did when it was long.

Though I don't dress to repel or attract men, anyway. I just wear what's comfortable. I find men flirt with me more (and women, too) when I'm dressed casually and wearing no make up. Though all men are different, as are all women. So, I try to avoid generalizations.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    When it comes to Attract/Repel

I think women know what they're doing, they been around for oooooooooooh, a long time. :wink:
  • JONZ64
    Options
    A couple of co-workers were just talking about a segment they watched about what fashions either repel a man or attract one.

Repelling...

Trendy Sweats used for traveling or running errands.
    Bright Colour & Bold Pattern
    Oversized Coat

So basically anything the woman is comfortable in

Attracting...

Denim & Plaid
    Classic White T-shirt
    Little Black Dress

Am I missing anything???

I think you forgot the all important yoga pants on that attracting list.

Yoga Pants:smooched:
  • JONZ64
    Options
    hC6340AC1.jpg
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Am I missing anything???

Yes. The fact that we don't dress to repel or attract men.

^
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    who gives a **** what men like

:noway:

^
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    A short haircut repels men who desire feminine women.

I hate to disagree with you but I've had short hair for probably 15 years and I'd say I'm pretty feminine and so would my husband. He prefers it short. There are plenty of feminine and sexy women who have short hair.

Agreed!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

:huh:

I must repel men all over the place.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

I'm quoting a female friend here..

I asked her why some women get their hair cut really short. She responded by saying "it's a sign that they have just given up. they don't want to make the effort anymore".

My short haircuts always took far more work than when I keep it long. If that's giving up then I must be way past gone with my current, long hair (that I do nothing with).
  • idundidit
    Options
    I can't stand women who wear sunglasses that cover their entire face. I mean, honestly, you could rob a bank wearing those things and it's about the same as wearing a mask.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options

I'm quoting a female friend here..

I asked her why some women get their hair cut really short. She responded by saying "it's a sign that they have just given up. they don't want to make the effort anymore".

Yeah, that's not always the case. I lost 50 lbs. Looked pretty good. Felt even better. Then my niece was dx'ed with advanced ovarian cancer and lost all of her hair. She was a teenager. I cut me hair really short as an act of solidarity with her. If her appearance was going to change drastically, so was mine. You know what? I kinda liked the shorter hair. Mine is really thick and sometimes feels like too much. I let it grow out a bit, but have kept it just above my shoulders for about a year or so now. I like it much better. Oh, and my niece is cancer free right now and her hair is growing in really nicely.

I'm still getting smiles and friendly looks from men. Sometimes winks too. I haven't given up on anything, and it looks like some men aren't repelled by shorter hair. Yay!!!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Silly idea. No such thing.

I'm trying to imagine myself seeing some woman and thinking "Gosh, I'd be so attracted to her if only she dressed differently/better."

If I ever catch myself doing that, I'm going to try out as a designer on project runway.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Trying to determine what attracts or repels "men" is a bit tricky. If I walk into a bar with 4 friends I guarantee that our eyes go in 5 different directions. I have friends that like large, tall, short, skinny, long hair, short hair, blonde, red, bright pink, large busted, small but firm busted, Caucasian, Latin, Asian, etc. These are what some of us refer to as "preferences."

Oh. Clothes? I vote none
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I pretty sure naked it what attracts most men. Or, at least, imagining the naked under the clothes.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Aw *kitten* are you telling me my husband secretly likes men? That's so weird because my gigantic boobs really make me resemble little boys.....

Anyway, what a lame list. I have no idea what "trendy sweats" are (like, velour track suits??). Bright colors and patters are awesome and express personality. And I wear my ankle length poofy coat because windchills have hit -40F this winter.

And plaid is fugly.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I can't stand women who wear sunglasses that cover their entire face. I mean, honestly, you could rob a bank wearing those things and it's about the same as wearing a mask.

Also helps protect the skin from sun damage, along with sunscreen and a brimmed hat.

Also to the person above me: Trendy sweats are like Victoria Secret Pink sweats or sweat pants that say juicy on the booty.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    girls are born knowing a few basics of what most men like to see on a girl if she's fit.

little black dresses
    tight white tee and jeans/heels
    gingham bikini tops and cutoff shorts
    yoga pants and a sports bra
    sun dresses
    nothing but his dress shirt
    anything that shows off the natural female shape without creating tons of ballooning structured wtf is she - a centerpiece? how do i squeeze that? i cant. where are her boobs, thats weird. stoppit.

if you arent in the best of shape and you wear something that you feel beautiful in, he can tell and he'll think you are beautiful too.

cause confidence is what makes you look great in an outfit.

if you dont like how you look in a sundress, neither will he.

cause your face will look like this the whole time: :grumble:

And since there are boatloads of men who prefer short hair, it isnt the girls with short hair that have given up, its the ones that say 'I don't even consider what the opposite sex likes when im choosing an outfit' that have given up.

Cause not caring what men think of you (if youre straight) IS giving up. ETA straight/single and looking.

And if you're already married, that's not a reason to give up. It's a reason to keep it up.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Cause not caring what men think of you (if youre straight) IS giving up.

Uh, no. You can desire to look pretty, well groomed, healthy, stylish and put together without giving any thought to what a man thinks. My husband's taste in fashion run between 1983 and hoochie. I definitely don't dress for him.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Cause not caring what men think of you (if youre straight) IS giving up.

Uh, no. You can desire to look pretty, well groomed, healthy, stylish and put together without giving any thought to what a man thinks. My husband's taste in fashion run between 1983 and hoochie. I definitely don't dress for him.

so you've never smiled when he complimented how you look? you just ignored him and threw it out the window cause you dgaf what he thinks of your clothes right. you never made a mental note that he really likes such and such dress or top for future reference?

well, it takes all kinds.