IF--women with insulin resistance

Options
Hello All--

I have been looking into IF and had a few questions for the ladies out there. Has anyone with a history of PCOS or insulin resistance attempted IF? Did it effect your hormones/glucose levels? Any success or un-successful stories out there?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vicklou
    vicklou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Here's another forum page I found: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/pcos-insulin-resistance/

I wonder? What do you think?

I'm insulin resistant with PCOS and on Metformin. The only thing I have found so far is to cut all sugars, including all carbs and fruits etc. Currently I'm trying to do that within a 1200 calorie/day diet and have lost 2lbs per week for the last 2 weeks. To some extent that's the Christmas blow out, now I'm sure the loss will slow down.

The only other tip I have had is eat a finger-nail size something every 15 mins - protein or low carb e.g. peppers, cucumber - to keep your metabolism revved. That seemed to work for me too, it's the only time I experience hunger. I can't help but think fasting days could have the opposite effect? Unless you fast to 500 cals and nibble every 15 mins within so that it would work?

Let me know what you try - I really want to lose 12lbs to get back to where I was a year ago, then another 7+ to get to target.

:)
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was actually able to come off the Metformin myself, and I have been able to lose about 38 pounds (at last weigh in) eating about every 2 to 3 hours. That time table varies of course, especially on the weekends when things aren't quite so structured. I have read some things saying it may not be the best idea for women. I've fasted before for non-health related reasons but I never really kept an eye on my blood sugar. I may end up just doing my own experiment and keeping tabs on my levels for a few days post-fast. I don't know that I could do the 500 calories though, I'm not much on teasing my hunger pains. I don't think I could control myself to 500 calories after fasting all day.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ANYONE???