Don't go all Han Solo

Options
The joke goes, “I knew I was getting older when my friends started having kids on purpose”. While that’s truth, I think I realized I was getting old when even sucking in my gut didn't fool anyone. I had a short little rendezvous with MFP a few months ago. But, I thought to myself that all this logging was too time consuming and maybe getting in the way of some serious exercise. Also, let’s face it, sharing with the world I had the ‘Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink’ Cheese burger with the loaded fries and 3 beers while watching the game can be a bit embarrassing.

Foolish me.

I’m back cause I know, now, I can’t do it alone. I’m excited. I’m happy to be here. I hope you are too.

Although, that diary is staying on private for now. (:

Replies

• davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    tumblr_li9kp85WSC1qd9fzl.gif

Nice topic. Welcome
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be embarrassed about the everything but the kitchen sink burger. That sounds delicious. ..
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'll have 2 kitchen sink burgers with a side of everything in the pantry.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I had my diary private for the first 2 weeks, then decided, heck with it. Whether it's open or private, I still have to hold myself accountable to whatever deliciousness I'm stuffing in my face. It's still gonna show up on ME, even if it doesn't show up on my diary, even if no one else sees it.
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!

If you've got the right people supporting you, then I wouldn't worry about keeping the diary on private. We're here to help not to judge.

And just like everyone else here - we all wish we were eating the kitchen sink burger haha
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    LOL! I head to my 1 hour spin class on the weekends so I can have the delicious cheese fries with EXTRA ranch! :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need the right group of people to support you on here. Don't get overwhelmed by the super-disciplined 'clean eaters' or salad fanatics. You can lose weight and still eat delicious food.

Now unlock the diary and do this properly! ;)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    As long as there is bacon on that burger, its all good; You are among friends. :happy:
  • tom0018
    tom0018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Headed to the food database to see if I can squeeze in an everything-but-the-sink cheeseburger on my current allocation of calories!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need the right group of people to support you on here. Don't get overwhelmed by the super-disciplined 'clean eaters' or salad fanatics. You can lose weight and still eat delicious food.

Now unlock the diary and do this properly! ;)

This!

(My motives may be influenced by opening my diary right AFTER bringing bacon, beer, & corndogs into the house. Solidarity in numbers!)
  • Natalimb
    Options
    Share the diary!!!!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not my first time here either, G. Private diary? You're such a tease! :)
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    Can you even SEARCH "kitchen sink" in the food data base? Now THAT would be funny.

I knew when I got stuck in the turnstiles at Disneyworld and they had to let me through the stroller gate with no stroller that it was time to do something. So I did. You can too!

Here's my story on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3eNE4SGhsE