Hi there!

Options
I have been a part of MFP for awhile now and never realized there was a message board component (I only used the app). Anyways now that I found you all! I am, like everyone else, on their journey to become fit and hopefully lose some weight in the process.
Some background on me is that I am a pretty open person. I love to try new things and something I think I have been lacking throughout the years is strength training. I have always been a cardio person. I used to do XCountry in high school and have always done cardio first then lift a bit then leave when I would go to the gym.
That being said, since I am a beginner, I would love to get into lifting and try and do that to tone/build strength/lose weight. Basically means I am new and from what I have researched and read there is many ways to do it which pretty much overwhelmed me. So expect me hovering around in that area of the message boards.
I am really open to tips and tricks to get started with lifting, but since losing weight is a goal, I would like to be able to do some cardio as well. Anyway, thanks for listening and nice to meet you all!

Replies

• bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    NIce to meet you too :) Hope the recent fires haven't affected ya!!!
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    oh as for lifting I hear the "new rules of lifting for women" is a great book to start the journey
  • xoxoalys
    Options
    oh as for lifting I hear the "new rules of lifting for women" is a great book to start the journey

Hey! nice to meet you :)
    Nope I am still here! No fire is gonna stop me lol.
    Anyway, I heard of that book. I am gonna buy it probably tomorrow. I really hope it can guide me do lifting right. Because I kinda did my own research and have only done a few lifts, especially only compound but I don't know the weight to start at or how many reps. It is all so overwhelming! Then there is the diet, which I am handling for now...