Attack of the Midnight Munchies?? Fight 'em!

Options
Hi guys!
Last night I found something that helped me fight the midnight munchie urge: I tried on clothes!
I went into my closet and started to try out different outfits for the next work day. Eventually I came to a dress that had been too small for me last Fall. I tried it on and voila! It fit! Seeing how the clothes looked on my new MFP bod made me feel great and my late night peanut butter craving vanished.
Hopefully this will help some of you too! Next time you're tempted to hit the kitchen pantry after you've finished eating for the day head for the closet instead of the fridge. You'll probably come up with some great new outfits and you'll be able to sleep soundly knowing you didn't consume unnecessary calories!

Replies

• dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I like it!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!!! I did something that helped me incredibly when I was having intense sugar cravings... I had mango flavored herbal tea and it took away all my urges to stuff food in my face.. And it smells unreal!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!!! I did something that helped me incredibly when I was having intense sugar cravings... I had mango flavored herbal tea and it took away all my urges to stuff food in my face.. And it smells unreal!

I down a bottle of flavored carbonated water. Zero cals, zero sugar, and zero sodium. Sweet and takes that sugar craving away for sure!
  • cmsdives
    Options
    :smooched: Ohhhh, I LIKE it!!! Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately one of my furbabies is now a "senior" (10 years old) and her bladder doesn't hold through the night like it used to....that's when I find myself wanting to hit the kitchen - 2:30 in the morning!! UGH! I will definitely try the clothes thing, maybe that'll help me fall back to sleep too. :yawn:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Ohhhh, I LIKE it!!! Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately one of my furbabies is now a "senior" (10 years old) and her bladder doesn't hold through the night like it used to....that's when I find myself wanting to hit the kitchen - 2:30 in the morning!! UGH! I will definitely try the clothes thing, maybe that'll help me fall back to sleep too. :yawn:

This happens to me when I get up in the middle of the night to pee!!!!! I just tell myself "Go back to bed Ashlee and you'll fall asleep. You don't need that bite of food!" LOL!!!