Dress for a wedding?

Options
Hey!

Just wonderng what everyone's thoughts would be on wearing this dress to my fiances brother's wedding on valentines day?

I'd team it with a black chiffon pashmina, black bag and black heels.
I'm also smaller than the model, as the dress comes to slightly above my knees, instead of a few inches above.

30i8je8.jpg

Edited to remove link (think it only works for UK) and insert picture!

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Link doesn't seem to work.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just goes to the website, not a particular dress. Now I really want to see it so please fix this.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Swapped the link for a picture!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Is your fiance in the wedding and if so would the dress match what he is wearing? Yes, I love it :smile:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Love it and you would look gorgeous in the red
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I like it, but it seems there was a thread on here recently that it's not appropriate to wear red to a wedding? IDK if that applies to a Valentines Day wedding though!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Is your fiance in the wedding and if so would the dress match what he is wearing? Yes, I love it :smile:

He's best man, but the groom and groomsmen are wearing black kilts similar to the following (tie or cravat may match wedding colours, but other than that it's pretty much the same)

2s9402r.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think the dress is cute. My only hesitation would be if the bride and groom picked red as the color for their wedding, since it falls on Valentine's Day, that I wouldn't wear a red dress. That might just be a thing in my crazy family though.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I like it, but it seems there was a thread on here recently that it's not appropriate to wear red to a wedding? IDK if that applies to a Valentines Day wedding though!

I've never heard that in my life! I thought it was just white or bridal colours haha.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Love it and you would look gorgeous in the red

Thank you!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I think the dress is cute. My only hesitation would be if the bride and groom picked red as the color for their wedding, since it falls on Valentine's Day, that I wouldn't wear a red dress. That might just be a thing in my crazy family though.

We're having a family meal on Sunday, and I might try and raise the subject ... I do have a back up maxi dress to wear in a navy blue, a more formal black midi dress and http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-foJ53G0ZUqI/T0ZXaveLyvI/AAAAAAAAAgY/8PMtOD5PZbc/s1600/20D10JCOR_large.jpg that I've worn before.

The red was bought 'for' the wedding though, I'm a dress person!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Never heard you can't wear red to a wedding only white or black, and black is becoming more common. If the wedding colors are not red I say it is a great dress to wear.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love the dress and think it would be perfectly lovely AND appropriate.

The only thing I'd say is maybe not black pashmina & accessories. I'd probably want something different like cream, white, silver, or gold (even shoes). But that's just me!

Also, love the kilt look for the men. Have fun at the wedding.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think that dress is beautiful! Definitely okay to wear as long as it doesn't match the colors of the bridal party.
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For an evening wedding that is a perfect color. If it's a morning wedding, however, I would recommend a brighter or more pastel of a color. Just my 2 cents though :smile:
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    For an evening wedding that is a perfect color. If it's a morning wedding, however, I would recommend a brighter or more pastel of a color. Just my 2 cents though :smile:

It's a half 1 ceremony with an evening reception.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    love it
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It's pretty!
    Have fun
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    I love the dress and think it would be perfectly lovely AND appropriate.

The only thing I'd say is maybe not black pashmina & accessories. I'd probably want something different like cream, white, silver, or gold (even shoes). But that's just me!

Also, love the kilt look for the men. Have fun at the wedding.

My first reaction was to agree on lighter accessories... but then I realized that I'm 'trying it on' for my own coloring. OP has a rather light skin tone and black hair - very high contrast looks. Quite enough to support and even demand high contrast black accessories. Well, maybe one of the three could be something other than black... Maybe. Just to break it up.

Beautiful dress though. Should be perfect for a wedding.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Thanks everyone!