6 am club!

Options
I just joined the gym a few days ago and have went at 6am! I haven't been up this early for over 6 yrs. once I get off work I have no ambition...and the gym is usually packed. Once I am home there is no leaving. I have been feeling great getting it out of the way but having to force myself to go to bed earlier and I am a night person.

Anyways, this am I just about text my gf I wasn't going to go! I got as far as typing I am not goi....and deleted it and forced myself out of bed. I hope that it's not a sign I am going to give up on the early mornings. Or maybe because I forced myself to go I have more dedication than I give myself credit for.

Does it get easier waking up this early?

I love knowing I got my workout in before going to work allowing me to enjoy relaxing in the evening and doing other household chores! But dread the 5:30 alarm!!!

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yay! You did it when you didn't feel like it! I remember the first time I made myself exercise when I wanted to make excuses. I cried when I was done. I felt like I had conquered something that was holding me back. You did great!:drinker:
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Do anything for 21 days and it becomes a habit. Just push through, it gets easier.

Disclaimer: I used to run at 5am, but wouldn't be able to get up early to lift heavy to save my life!
  • mlindenmuth36
    mlindenmuth36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It feel like a great accomplishment isn't it? WTG!

Yes it does get easier. My alarm goes off at 5:20 am 4x a week for early workouts and it doesn't feel like a chore anymore. In fact many days I now wake up a few minutes before it goes off.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Each day I have woken up a few min before the alarm lol! Usually I am such a deep sleeper and can not get out of bed until at least 7! I had a gf meet me at the gym all of this week and next week I am on my own. I am worried I will get lazy and not go because I am not held accountable to someone else.

I'm sick of giving up on myself. This is the first time I have joined a gym...I hate spending money to workout but doing it the free way has been unsuccessful!
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    Congrats! It feel like a great accomplishment isn't it? WTG!

Yes it does get easier. My alarm goes off at 5:20 am 4x a week for early workouts and it doesn't feel like a chore anymore. In fact many days I now wake up a few minutes before it goes off.

I'm so glad I read this. I've only recently started waking up earlier and earlier for my runs and it feels amazing to get it done earlier in the day. I'm also one who is so drained after work there will be no leaving the house once I finally make it there, plus when I get home I have a lot of work to do from home as well. I'm excited to get to the "it doesn't feel like a chore anymore" part, haha.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I set the alarm for 5:35 every weekday morning, a little earlier if the workout is more than 30 min. I am working out by 5:45, at the latest. Its a great habit to make! I do sleep in a bit on the weekends, but still try to get in a workout, the timing just doesn't matter as much. Working out first thing helps me feel awake and have a sense of accomplishment before my work day even begins:)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting ready to head back home when you're getting out of bed.......:tongue:

Seriously, congrats, and eventually your body adjusts.... I wake up by 4 everyday now, alarm or not.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it to maintain that time. I prefer early morning to later in the day so it all boils down to personal preference. I don't know that it gets easier.
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wow you just describe me, I feel the same way. I was also getting up at 5:30 am to exercise. I broke my leg and had to stop. Just joined the gym again and will start going again once this weather lets up. Don't worry, it get better!!!
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    I get up early to go swimming.

Even if I end up sleeping in and only have 15 minutes in the pool.

Every morning I still have the debate on if it is worth the extra snooze time.
    Usually the snooze isn't worth it, I feel better if I swim.

next step for me is to make it a daily thing.

Good for you on deciding to go and sticking with it