calories in very, very small bananas

Options
Hey! I would like to know if anyone could tell me how many calories are in these small bananas (about the size of my palm) and do they have a special name like "dwarf bananas"?

i ate like 8 of these today :p

Replies

• ibd_din_gs
    Options
    i don't know how to post a picture
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would like to know if anyone could tell me how many calories are in these small bananas (about the size of my palm) and do they have a special name like "dwarf bananas"?

i ate like 8 of these today :p

did you weigh the banana you ate? if not, no idea how many calories they are
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I ck'd th database and for very small banana it cam up 55 cals!! :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I would highly highly highly recommend getting a food scale. I resisted for a long time but finally broke down and bought one last year and thats when I finally started losing consistently. everyone's idea of small banana, medium banana, giant banana are different (giggity) so you can't trust them! Once you've weighed a few you'll start to be able to eyeball them a little better (for example I know that the bananas I have right now are around 110 grams just from seeing them but only because I've weighed a bunch of bananas! -giggity again)

There are so many discrepancies in weight vs cup or tablespoon (this was most depressing when I realized I could not actually have 4 tablespoons of ovaltine and still keep it within cals at the end of the day... *kitten*!)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Well surely it's not THAT small.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

its not the size that matters... just so long as its not all brown and mushy. no one likes a mushy brown banana...
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Har-har your banana is small!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Eh Ive seen smaller.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Looks like half a regular banana. Seems like that would be a safe logging method.

There might be something freudian about 8 mini bananas in a day though. You might want to check out a real banana.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    There are actual definitions of what a small banana is. You will need some sort of ruler/measuring tape though.

I suggest a food scale. That 's the only way to know for sure.

I buy a bunch of bananas, peel them, weigh them, mark the weight on masking tape, and put them in the freezer. I will take them out and use them in smoothies or baked goods.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

its not the size that matters... just so long as its not all brown and mushy. no one likes a mushy brown banana...

Very true.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Har-har your banana is small!

:laugh:

OP, peel those suckas and weigh them.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I am no help to you because I cannot stop giggling.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    It's not the size of the banana, it's the feel in the peel.
    Or, uh, something like that.

OP, weigh the banana and look for a database entry that has bananas by weight instead of by size.
    I can't stop wondering, what was the eighth dwarf's name? Oh man, I'm sorry OP. :tongue:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

racist1.gif