Protein powder that tastes good?

Options
2»

Replies

• justiceevers
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition, rocky road flavor. The double chocolate is pretty good too, but rocky road is my favorite so far.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've only used Optimum Nutrition and they are quite tasty. I've tried the chocolate, mint chocolate and peanut butter chocolate. French vanilla just arrived today but haven't tried it yet. I plan to mix it with fruit.

Ooh, it's nice made really thick (like custard) with stewed rhubarb or in black coffee - vanilla latte :)

OP, all the optimum nutrition 100% stuff I've tried has been lovely. I especially like the chocolate casein. Most websites to small sachets so you can try them out first.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey's French Vanilla is very tasty. I usually have it in a smoothie (OJ, strawberries, 1/2 banana), or dip slices of green apple into it.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor. Best protein powder hands down!

Yeah, that one is rather addictive!

Dammit. A friend gave me some of the Peanut Butter Cup which I loved... so I looked online and saw the Cinnabun. I was really hoping it was gross so I wouldn't have to buy it. Thanks for nothing.
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im a fan of Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate. I order it from Amazon and it's great!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried a lot of different protein powders. I found Arbonne protein and liked it and stuck with it. They are whey free and packed with vegan protein. I like the carbs to protein ratio. They have 20g of protein and 13g of carbs. Plus over 20 essential vitamins and minerals and flaxseed (Omega-3's). It does have some soy and is sweetened with stevia leaf extract and some cane sugar. Sugars are 9g. The vanilla has 160 calories and the chocolate 170, perfect for that after weight lifting workout. They taste amazing blended with ice and water, but when I want to make a meal out of them I mix them with things. I love adding a small banana and a TBSP of almond butter to the chocolate. And I add berries to the vanilla and sometimes spinach. (You can't even taste the spinach). If I need a little more, I add a half an avocado. It tastes creamy but not avocadoey, lol. With my gluten, yeast and sugar issues, Arbonne is a good fit for me!
  • cagm71
    cagm71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk light - My favorites are strawberry and chocolate, but I believe any flavor is good.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like Body Fortress in chocolate. Do NOT get Body Fortress in chocolate peanut butter. Blech!

Agreed!!! It is nasty and because I am cheap, I have forced myself to finish it. I have to mix with bananas to be able to tolerate the taste!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly body fortress chocolate from Wal-Mart tastes good no after taste. I also have and like muscle milk Graham Cracker but there's not much protein in it and kinda has an after taste but it tastes great drinking it.
  • mssag
    mssag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really like Jay Robb (sold at Vitamin Shoppe). I considered Optimum Nutrition but it has sucralose, which upsets my stomach. Jay Robb is made with stevia. It's a little spendy but it's got a pretty simple list of ingredients and has whey protein isolate (no concentrate, which also upsets my stomach). My Vitamin Shoppe has single serve packets so you could try it out before committing to a large quantity of it.
  • breahremington
    Options
    I love Labrada Nutrition Lean Body for Her, in the soft chocolate ice cream flavor. It's better with milk, but even made with water it's pretty good. Only 180 cals a pop.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sculpt for women. I've only been using it for a few weeks but is sooo yummy I actually enjoy having it! I love it as my afternoon snack :)!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor. Best protein powder hands down!

Yeah, that one is rather addictive!

Dammit. A friend gave me some of the Peanut Butter Cup which I loved... so I looked online and saw the Cinnabun. I was really hoping it was gross so I wouldn't have to buy it. Thanks for nothing.

you're welcome. lol
  • ThatsSOcleve
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard whey - strawberry! With some milk :()))
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just got Syntha-6 Isolate in vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk shake, both are awesome. Found at GNC
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Seconding all of the Optimum Nutrition recs, I have french vanilla and it really is super yummy.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I gave up on my quest for a super healthy protein powder. Too many fails and $$$ wasted. I went with super edible/tasty, instead. I am quite in love with MusclePharm Combat Powder (140 cals, 1.5g fat, 5g carb, 25g protein per 35g scoop). I'm devouring my tub of the cookies & cream flavor at the moment. It's so insanely good, but it's hard flavor to pair with other things (I mix with unsweetened almond milk or water). MP has several other flavors (vanilla, chocolate, triple berry, orange creamsicle, choc PB, banana cream, smores, etc.). I found cookies & cream at Costco. You can also find the powders at Bodybuilding.com & Vitaminshoppe.com, and Amazon.

Yes!! LOVE the musclepharm cookies and cream! Right now they have it at costco a big container for only $42.99 I think... Also, love the cellucor proteins- great flavors!!