Fallen way off track. Need help getting back up there!

Options
Hello. Its been quite a while since I have posted or been on here. I became unemployed back in May and have yet to find a job. Since being unemployed I have gotten bad. I have put on about 20 extra pounds on top of the 25 -30 pounds I already had to loose. I feel so lazy and fat and a tad depressed. Nothing fits and so on. I don't know why not having a job put me in such a rut. I really wanna get back in there. Just don't know what will kick my butt into gear. I guess I am using this to vent and possibly get some advice.

Thanks!! ????

Replies

• nataliejulie
    Options
    Hi! I went through almost the same thing -- I quit my job, because a full-time student and gained 25+ pounds within a few months. None of my clothes fit anymore, I felt gross and I was so disappointed in myself.

Around the end of August, I decided to finally do something about it. First, I started off walking for a half hour a few times a week. Then I started pushing myself to jogging, then weight training, and now I'm running for 60 minutes 4x's a week, weight training 2x's a week.

I ate better -- no sugar, stayed away from bread, eating only chicken or fish.

I've lost 34lbs. Let me stress to you that I thought it would be SOOO hard to do and in the beginning, I didn't think it was working.

Keep motivated!
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No big deal. You can get back on track…start right now! Not having a job is scary but on the flip side this could be your chance to really lose the weight and regain your health. Think of the time off as a gift and if you worry about money remind your self that you're investing in YOU! Just like college or any other self improvement phase.