I need help!!! Please

Options
I am on the verge of insanity. Not really! I am a college student and I will be graduating in a few months. I don't have a specific time that I want to lose weight by but I am very over weight. Every time I get started I end it and everything just gets worse. Does anyone have any tips on how to stay on track? How can I motivate myself?

Replies

• anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. Try and set small goals that aren't as intimidating at first. When I started out I told myself I'd start out losing 10 pounds because I'd feel much better. I just kept going after that slowly dropping weight. But I never set an end goal weight really because it seemed too hard to get there. Make sure you log your food everyday. Even if it isn't pretty. Helps you to see where you could do better. If you want to add me as a friend, feel free. I've found connecting with others here helps too. Good luck!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This may sound too simple, but it's a truth. You need to make a commitment to yourself....a serious, nothing withheld, all-in commitment for the rest of your life.

Once you make the commitment to do what you need to live your life healthier, then you need to start planning strategies. Plan in advance what you will do, how you will react when certain life events happen. How will you react to negative people? To job stress? To rejection? If food is not an option, how exactly will you cope? Then, when it happens, and sadly, it probably will at some point, you will know in advance how you plan to cope.

I've gained and lost more than once in my life, but one thing is different this time. I'm not looking for a quick fix or a temporary solution. I've accepted that if I want to be healthier, I have live like I already AM healthier. I have to eat and exercise like healthy people do. I have to cope differently with life.

Good luck! I wish you ever success.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    College is certainly hard, and most people are lucky not to gain. When I was in nursing school, I seriously packed on the lb's. Just do the best you can. Move more, as much as possible. Make a commitment to go on a walk every night, or something. Work your way up from there. Try n make better food choices. Take it slow. You may want to consider just setting your goal for 1/2 lb loss for now. Like I said, it's so difficult not to gain. For me, it was because I spent so much time sitting on my butt reading, and being sedentary a lot, due to all the reading assignments we had. We literally had books that were 2-3 inches thick, and we had to read through almost the entire book, only skipping a chapter or two. Good luck!
  • marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too have a long journey ahead but its always good to set some goals. Small changes eventually make a difference. I am learning that slow and steady wins the race. Take out a red light food mine is cheese I have stopped buying it. when you've mastered that maybe remove or cut down on another problem food. Tryto add some exercie into the equation even if its just a walk around the block. Slow and steady wins the race. Gradually increase the time you walk eventually you will look forward to this especially when you see the weight begin to drop off. I am just aiming for a pound a week anything else is a bonus. Think about those changes that you can make today! All the best! :smile:
  • marzajones
    Options
    What a fabulous response, I am just learning this! Thankyou for your words of wisdom.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    ^^^This! And whatever you do, don't bring Nutella into your home....EVER!!! Lolol. It's crack!!! Chocolate crack!!! :laugh: But really though...:huh:
  • marzajones
    Options
    Sorry I was responding to Leann this is all new to me!