Ranch Dressing Recipes?

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
Hi, I am looking for a lower calorie and lower sodium yummy ranch dressing recipe. I can't seem to get into the light stuff or anything. I love my ranch!! Please help.

Replies

• MommyOfThree260
    Options
    I buy fat free sour cream and mix the whole container with one hidden valley ranch seasoning packet...but that is more of a veggie dip, I wouldn't recommend it on a salad, if thats what you want your dressing for.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Thanks I have done that for veggies too, but I want a dressing for my salads.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt + Skim Milk (I use 1%) + Ranch Powder

It's AMAZING and I'm a ranch snob! ;) It has to be hidden valley kind of snob. :laugh:

I take about a cup of the greek yogurt and add milk until its the consistency of dressing ;)
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it with a container of low fat cottage cheese and a little water, put in blender and mix until smooth. Thin as necessary with water (or skim milk, etc) for desired consistancy. Good on salad.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    how much of the ranch packet do you use?
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Half a packet and just add a little more if its not enough flavor ;)

You can have a 1/4 cup vs 2 tablespoons.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Here's a great tip I learned at weight watchers a while ago I use all the time and it really works. Order whatever dressing you love, full fat and all, on the side. Then dip your fork in the dressing and take a big bite of salad. You will enjoy all the same flavor and eat a much smaller amount of dressing which might mean you don't have to substitute a lower fat version of ranch?

This tip really saved me because I love salad dressing and now I enjoy it without guilt and still with weight loss.
  • Michellj
    Options
    I use half the ranch packets and a half cup of fat free mayo and a half cup 2%milk., it makes it thin enough to use as a dressing and with the mayo I use plus whats printed on the packets 2TB are 25 calories, it just has to be stirred a lot. Theres also a really good ranch-like recipe at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandpa-Gunns-Raw-Veggie-Dip/Detail.aspx. I use it for dip and dressing.