WANTED! Sick recipes

Options
Hello all!

Feeling terrible tonight with a cold and looking for some easy feel-good recipes to make.

Any help?

Renee

Replies

• Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    low sodium chicken noodle soup, homemade is better. if u got a head cold something spicey will get things flowing.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Feeling terrible tonight with a cold and looking for some easy feel-good recipes to make.

Any help?

Renee

What about chicken noodle soup?

Just throw together some veggies..carrots, celery, onion, with a little bit of olive oil. Let them saute for about 5-10 min. Add some pasta and chicken, chicken stock, bay leaf, thyme..let simmer for a bit.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I made this while I was sick recently and it was awesome.

Chicken Tortellini Soup

1 pkg frozen spinach
    1 can tomatoes with Italian seasoning
    2 big things of low fat chicken broth
    1 med onion
    2 cloves garlic
    the meat from two chicken breasts (I used rotisserie because I'm lazy)
    1 pkg DaVinci Tortellini with Parmesan cheese filling (you can use the fresh tortellini as well, any brand)
    1/8th cup Parmesan cheese
    Splash of Tabasco (optional)

Saute the onion and garlic in cooking spray until transparent, add seasoned tomatoes, and spinach. Add Chicken and chicken broth. Add Tortellini and cook until tender add Parmesan cheese. Season with Tabasco and salt to taste.

Yum.
  • sp33
    sp33 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a simply chicken soup recipe, but if you don't have the ingredients in the house, well then, it won't be that simply;)

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 large russet potato (baker size works well) cubed
    1 32 oz. Chicken Stock (I use Pacific Organic Lower Sodium)
    2-3 regular size carrots or about 1-1 1/2 cups of baby carrots sliced
    2 stalks of celery sliced (may use less if you don't like that much celery)
    1 small to medium onion sliced 1/2in. thick
    2 tsp. dried thyme or 1tablespoon fresh
    1 large clove of garlic
    Salt to taste (I use Himalayan salt)
    pepper opptional
    Water to cover
    1-11/2 cups of noodles (egg or no yolk noodles work best)

Dice chicken into bite size pieces, set aside
    Add chicken stock and salt to a soup pot and bring to a boil, lower temperature to a high simmer and add carrots, onions, celery, garlic and thyme. Let cook for about 15 minutes. Add water and potatoes and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Add dices chicken and cook till potatoes and carrots are almost ready then add pasta and cook according to package time.
    The chicken should cook fairly fast since it is in bite size pieces(1 inch thickness or so) the garlic serves as the remedy so add more if you like.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    How about something in the slowcooker? I was sick over the weekend and every day I threw some chicken and other random ingredients in. In all each recipe was healthy, quick (less than 5 min to throw everything in lest I fall over from fatigue), and yummy!!!

You can search "crockpot" or "slowcooker" recipes here.

Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    You guys are great...

Think I'm combining the advice for spicy food and chicken soup and trying a Curried Chicken Soup recipe that I found. I'll let you know if it's any good!