Creamer help. Please

Options
2»

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i use silk unsweetened almond milk.. it's like 2 calories for a tablespoon.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    CoffeeMate sugar free creamers are the best tasting in my book. French Vanilla, Hazelnut, pumpkin Spice are all yummy. Don't waste your cals on the Fat free ones, you just end up using twice as much to get the same lightness as the SF.
    You can also use Torani Sugar free syrups. They have many different flavors available. You can add cream, half n half, almond milk or whatever, if you don't want to use the Creamer.
    I use the syrups along with one TBSP sf creamer, and a pkg of Truvia. My coffee is my dessert!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make my own...in a 500 ml water bottle I mix:
    100 ml Heavy Whipping Cream
    400 ml SO No Sugar added Coconut Milk
    a couple drops vanilla extract and
    sometimes a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
    1 TBSP (or about 20 ml) in my coffee is creamy perfection!
  • doodlebugs25
    doodlebugs25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I looked back at my diary and today I had 1/4 cup of the creamer I use and it was 140 calories and 24g of sugar. That is a lot right. What I don't get is that 4 tbsp equals 1/4 cup. I used a 1/4 cup but seems like 4tbsp would not feel it up. I tryed almond milk and truvia this am and did not like it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    They have sugar free and fat free variants of many of the yummy creamers. My favorite is the sugar free International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I looked back at my diary and today I had 1/4 cup of the creamer I use and it was 140 calories and 24g of sugar. That is a lot right. What I don't get is that 4 tbsp equals 1/4 cup. I used a 1/4 cup but seems like 4tbsp would not feel it up. I tryed almond milk and truvia this am and did not like it.

Try reducing the creamer to 2 tablespoons instead. I used to use A LOT of creamer before I went low-carb. Now all I need is one tablespoon of creamer and one tablespoon of heavy cream in my coffee and I'm satisfied.
  • PoeRaven8991
    Options
    Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk. 30 Calories a cup. 0 sugar. Yumilicious. :drinker:
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely suggest making your own creamer - that way you can control the ingredients and have it taste exactly how you want! I haven't done it yet personally, but I want to. There are a ton of 'recipes' on the web (Pinterest especially), and a few have already been posted!

Either way, good luck!
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could wean yourself off sweetened coffee. I use 2 tablespoons of half n half but thats after using a little less sugar everyday until I was down to zero. I never thought I would be able to stand unsweetened coffee but you can train your tastebuds to enjoy just about anything.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You could wean yourself off sweetened coffee. I use 2 tablespoons of half n half but thats after using a little less sugar everyday until I was down to zero. I never thought I would be able to stand unsweetened coffee but you can train your tastebuds to enjoy just about anything.

I managed that step 20 years ago and I'm very glad. I started using less sugar whenever I was having coffee with something sweet. It probably took a couple of months before I was off sugar in my coffee completely. Just this summer I had an situation where no cream was available but almond milk was. I'm just getting to the point where I'm not missing the half and half I've been using for decades and I'm celebrating being dairy free in my coffee. :)