Can someone check my food diary

Options
Thankyou im new to this, what do you think? x

Replies

• GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think the calories are too low. For me it would be very hard to do that for any length of time. some other suggestions would be a little more variation, less processed foods and fruits and veggies.

Good luck to you!
  • lauraallsopp7
    Options
    Thankyou - Its Hard to put more on the List... Im a fussy eater and dont eat fruit or veg... :( Im off the takaway meal's and fizzy pop... as thats all I used to eat x
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    I'm with GdeVries: if you're a picky eater, and have recently switched from a much more let's say "casual" attitude towards your eating habits, this is going to be really, really difficult to maintain.

Can you cook? Would you be willing to learn?
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Calories are a bit low. Protein levels are very low. New recommendations are from 1.1-1.4 grams/lb of LBM.

Check out this MFP thread for more information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1167386-review-of-dietary-protein-during-caloric-restriction?hl=1.1-1.4+g/lb+protein
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Cutting out the take aways and fizzy drinks is a good start. I understand the fussy eater thing, my son has Asperger's and was a very fussy eater, but with determination from me and himself we've pushed his boundaries and now he eats a much more varied diet.

Are there any fruit/veg you like? Maybe set a target to have one portion of fruit/veg per day for a week? Try a new one each week too, perhaps in a cooked in different way to what you've tried before (cous cous with apricots and almonds for example). Once you've managed 1 a day try and up it to 2.

Calorie wise you're coming in way below your target which is not a good idea long term. Try and get closer to your target by eating more unprocessed food. Maybe write a list of all the foods you like and try and come up with some meals you can prepare from those ingredients. I always find planning ahead and writting things down helps me stay on track.

If you's like any suggestions on meals from the stuff you like feel free to ask, I love meal planning :-)
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need more fruits and veggies. Have you tried drinking any protien shakes you can at least hide some fruit and spinach in them. that would give you more protien and some fuits and veggies.
  • lauraallsopp7
    Options
    Thankyou all.... Since the age of 6 I havent eaten fruit or veg.. I wont even let my partner cook for me near his if he has veg I carnt even stand the smell... If I was to buy a jar of sauce and it had veg in i would siv it... untill it was just sauce.. if this will Loose me weight untill I can do somthing about this big problem and would this suit? x I do cook but without the extras that makes a recipe.. x
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    add lean protein (boneless skinless chicken breast), tomato based sauces are good and tomatoes are low calorie so maybe spaghetti? I eat spaghetti squash with my spaghetti I just put about a cup under the pasta and sauce that way I eat a proper portion of pasta and the squash takes on whatever you eat it with it is very mild. Try introducing vegetables that are mild tasting. If you like chili make it healthy and sneak more veg in (cut it up small) zucchini is also very mild tasting and you won't notice it in sauces. How are you with soups? or smoothies?
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds odd, but you can mix baby food veggies and fruits into foods that will help you get at least some of these things. I'm going to start doing this with my husband who hates veggies. Starting with spaghetti sauce. Good luck to you.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds odd, but you can mix baby food veggies and fruits into foods that will help you get at least some of these things. I'm going to start doing this with my husband who hates veggies. Starting with spaghetti sauce. Good luck to you.

ah ha sneaky :laugh:
  • missie_515513
    missie_515513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lack of fruit and veg. These are generally low in calories - fill you up and provide nutrients - but each to their own.
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do you like jelly?

There are some jelly pots with fruit that count as part of your 5 a day. Also smoothies or fruit juice.