Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs.
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would eat something else then... I'm just curious how this is a success story ?
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You know I add a scoop of protein powder to mine and I still have that issue, don't really know why, but always get hungry when I eat oatmeal...so I typically stick with other things, but I do like oatmeal so I get why you would want to eat it.
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    listen to your body! a few days of honest logging will tell you what works for YOU!
    I was vegetarian for 17 years...I developed sugar cravings, was hungry all the time, ate mindlessly most of the time. I've just added back eggs and chicken and I feel better and I've weaned myself off sugar. my go-to breakfast is 2 hard-boiled eggs and a rye bread toast (wheat bloats me). its a 210 calorie breakfast that really satisfies. follow up with a pear/apple for snack before lunch and you're golden!:smile:
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would eat something else then... I'm just curious how this is a success story ?

:laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a college nutrition class right now and think the answer to your question is that straight carbs digest faster than carbs mixed with protein or fat. The protein and fat slows down the rate of carbohydrate absorption.

I've been eating steel cut oats (I cook a week's worth at a time, which super simplifies my mornings) with 1/4 c walnuts and 1/2 cup of berries (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, and soon blackberries YUM!) lately.

Here are some fun savory oatmeal recipes, too. I really like the one with spinach (I use lentils instead of fake sausage crumbles):
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/16-savory-oatmeal-recipes?page=6
    great ideas
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    A cup of egg whites A 1/2 cup of spinach...a 2% slice of Swiss cheese and 1/2 or a 1/4 of an avocado with a Arnold's thin round bread with flax seeds is my usual breakfast. I have just been switching it up cause I was getting worn out. Or protein pancakes with cottage cheese and oats. Drizzled in pb2 and real maple syrup. Yum

Try prepping the eggs a different way, or swap out the spinach for a different veg and try a different cheeese. Roasted red pepper and some cheddar might be nice.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    me too. I eat turkey bacon with mine which seems to help since its protein
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!