I DID IT! And didn't count a single calorie... (PICS)

Options
I always feel like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill when I share my success because it's not so dramatic in comparison to others', but what the hell! I DID IT! I REACHED MY PERSONAL GOAL!! :D

On Nov. 13th 2013 I made it my goal to lose 10lbs (yeah I know, not that much). I started at 156 size 8 (at least at some stores):

download_zps5e43f887.jpg

I wanted to get results fast so I did the restricting calories thing for a few days to no avail. I felt it was too neurotic to count calories and weigh and measure food. It takes the enjoyment out of it, TO ME anyway. So I merely committed to eating whole, nutritious foods, cut down on packaged snacks and fast food, and to stop eating when I felt full. I also only drank variations of water (water, tea, seltzer) Did none of that macros or micros stuff either. Just too much for a beginner to take on. I also stopped eating out, and when I did I ate things that were obviously healthy (my favorite being the salads at Devon and Blakely!) Along with that, in the first 4 weeks I exercised 6-7 days a week. And then for the rest of the time I calmed down to about 4-5 days/week.

And the results:

download_zps93a4b1e8.jpg

This is me just today at 144lbs! So yah, I know. Doesn't look DRAMATICALLY different! But what the camera may not show is that I LOST 12LBS! So 2lbs more than my goal. And 12lbs shows on a tiny little 5'3 frame like mine. Also, I went from creeping up to a size 8 to being able to fit into my size 4 Gap pencil skirt that couldn't even make it up past my thighs last summer (forreal). I also feel MUCH MUCH stronger and have muscles to show for it (hello abs!!!). I cannot believe it happened this quickly or at all because I did not restrict myself over the holidays, and always added cheat meals throughout my week (maybe 2 or 3 a week). Just goes to show you don't have to sacrifice or feel unfulfilled while on your weight loss journey. I was going to begin to really restrict carbs but thanks to the advice on here, I felt i didn't need to. Just needed to eat them in moderation (potato chips WERE eaten on my journey lol)

Best little caveat of starting this journey: I'm a singer/songwriter. Building up endurance by running not only gave me more lung control but gave me more lung capacity which is essential to holding notes and making them fuller. YIPPEE!

I plan to keep on doing exactly what I'm doing. Though, I have a birthday next week (hello 23!) and plan to eat a alot of pizza and drink a lot of wine. Now that I've been tending to my health and fitness for 60 days, it's become a solidified habit. It's no longer just a diet, but a lifestyle :D

I hope my pictures showed up!!

yay!

Replies

• MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! And a success story isn't measured by the pounds lost or sizes dropped. You set a goal and reached it, be proud!!
  • CassiLyn6626
    CassiLyn6626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! And a success story isn't measured by the pounds lost or sizes dropped. You set a goal and reached it, be proud!!

^ I totally agree! Congrats on the new lifestyle!
  • JuliaLee67
    Options
    congratulations, you're very inspirational!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE !!!!! Good for you :)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    beautiful! you look *great!!!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome :flowerforyou:
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    girl you look great! I see a big difference!
  • eugovogue
    Options
    thanks so much!!! :D
  • CB2CS
    CB2CS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • pmm76
    pmm76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Impressive....good work!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm of the same height, 5'3 and same SW at 156lbs! I'm down to 118lbs now but my belly fat is so stubborn that it won't go away. Your results were amazing, please share your routine workout, I really want to tone especially my tummy area. Amazing job! Congrats! :)
  • dawnM3007
    Options
    Fantastic work, u look great! I've done pretty much the same as u food wise, not counted a single calorie and I've lost 7 lbs! Because of eating mainly clean I never feel sick after a meal or horribly bloated, it's certainly the way forward!
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! and it shows!!
    I thought I was eating well (healthy) until I saw really HOW well with the calorie counter lol so logging helps me and keeps me honest and accountable! I was probably eating at least twice my daily requirement. to each their own! so happy for you! it IS really about your food and exercise, there is no magic formula. good for you for changing your lifestyle and happy birthday!:drinker:
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    wow! you looked good in the before and the after. :)
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    You look great! Be super proud of yourself!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

+1

Well done! You look great!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'll be honest - the counting, measuring, etc is not working for me cause I'm not following the rules, been holding on to my last 12 pounds almost a year because I hate having to measure and count and write down, I just want to live my life. I shall follow your program and see what it accomplishes for me. Tossing out that dam bag of sugar right.........NOW!

I want to look like your BEFORE picture!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Your before is basically where I was at before I decided to mess up my metabolism by going on various diets (including starvation, low carb etc). I wish I had done what you did and used common sense to lose the weight gradually and sensibly. Now I have 80lbs to lose to get to were I was in high school. Or getting to 20-25% body fat, whichever comes first.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Those ten pounds make a difference in more than just appearance! They make a difference in your health, too! Congrats, and do what's best for you! :D
  • bangibangi
    bangibangi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice. Can see the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!