Down 6.2 lbs in 13 days

Options
Wow guys... I'm down 6.2 pounds in 13 days! My goals were set to lose .5 lbs a week, so obviously I'm pleasantly surprised. I am happy with the weight loss, but also don't love that so much came off at once... But I'll take what I can get! The thing that is so surprising to me is that I thought only obese or very overweight people lost so much initially? I am a 5'4 woman with a starting weight of 160, wanting to get down to somewhere in the 120-135 range.

I have to say that I do think some of that is from stress. I have been majorly stressed out the past 2 weeks. But, I have been doing a decent job at netting 1300-1500 cals a day (my goal is to eat 1450 a day). I used to drink probably 7-8 cups of water a day, and in the past 2 weeks I've switched to having way more (10-15 cups a day). Maybe that has helped a lot flush out?

During this time, I've walked a lot more than usual, but only got 2 workouts in.

What is your opinion on this weight loss? Do you think it's all water weight, or is it possible I've cut enough calories to actually lose real weight?

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've always lost like that in the beginning too. I just assumed it was the universe's way of getting me to stick with it :)

It's probably a little fat, a little water.

Congrats!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm sure most of it is water weight. You would have had to have about a 21000 calorie deficit to lose that much fat in a week, but losing the water weight just shows you how much water your body retains. Keep it up, and the fat will start coming off as well. :drinker:
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    congrats yeah it is prob all water weight but I think you always loose alot in the beginning and I'm pretty sure the stress might have had a great affect on you not being hungry to eat too.
  • kimross0808
    Options
    Wow...that's wonderful! Awesome job!!!! I wish I could lose that much in a week. I've been trying to stick to 1200 calorie a per day but work out so that I could have a little more. I've been working out 45 minutes in the morning and walking for an hour on my lunch break, drinking my 8+ glasses of water per day, and I have lost 0 this week. It's so discouraging. I feel that I've lost inches but my scale is where I want to see it. Any suggestions?
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great loss!
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You've obviously done a good job of sticking to your calorie goal and you're reaping the rewards :laugh:

The first week or two you usually do have a higher weight loss. A lot of it is water weight. I would expect that next week you'll find that you only lose a poud or so. Great job so far!
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I'm down 7lbs in a little over 8 days but this is how I lose.

I lose a crap load of weight the first two weeks and then it evens out to 0.5 - 1lb a week, sometimes I'll get to 2lbs a week if I'm lucky. I always lose weight fast but put it back on even faster when I go off my diet. I'm used to the way I lose weight because I've been doing this for years...and then falling off the wagon. This time, however, I'm not falling off! I'm holding on for dear life.

You may (or may not) hit a stall because of losing quickly, it happens to me. When that happens I slightly vary my calorie intake and eat a hamburger or something that wouldn't be on my diet. (I don't go overboard though!!) Just something to shake up my body and get it back into the swing of losing.

You're doing great!