Run for Meg

Options
I apologize if this has already been posted...

https://www.facebook.com/events/489458451159627/

Meg Cross Menzies was tragically killed by a drunk driver while out for her morning run on January 13, 2014. As an avid runner, member of the Richmond Road Runners Club, and Boston marathoner, she was a member of the running family nationwide. In her honor, our hope is to raise awareness of drunk driving, texting and driving, and overall safety of runners and cyclists everywhere.

This Saturday, January 18, 2014, no matter what your distance, no matter where you live, run for Meg. Take in the fresh air, be aware of your surroundings, keep your headphones on low, feel the heaviness in your lungs, the soreness in your legs, and be grateful for it--for all of it. The sweat, the pain, the wind, the cold…everything. Be grateful for that moment.

Feel free to post pictures of yourself pre-run or post-run, post your distance, post your thoughts, prayers, condolences with the hashtag #megsmiles. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Let all runners unite together and remember the loss of a beautiful spirit. It's not a coincidence the hashtag reads either "Meg's Miles" or "Meg Smiles." She will be smiling on all of us forevermore.

Replies

• TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll be running in 1/2 hour - will definitely think of her.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've got the flu or else I would be joining you - posting for the bump factor though
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding my miles
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump i'm not a runner yet but i'll keep her in my thoughts today
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    I was just about to post regarding this. I am a beginning runner and will definitely be thinking of her and her sweet family today
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Running for her(and other runners who have also been killed while out on a run) this afternoon - 4 miles!
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Programmed 5K on the treadmill (level 1) 24:15.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    4 miles in 8 degree weather for Meg and all the lives that have been affected because of a drunk driver.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and ran my 5K parkrun for Meg this morning.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did 8.2 miles in honor of Meg today.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.55 mi this afternoon for Meg. Safe running everyone!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll be running in 1/2 hour - will definitely think of her.

I ran 10km (6.5miles) this morning. I then went out with dd and did 4 km (walk and run - she's beginning to run).
    All the while thinking of Meg's family.