Hot Mamas????

I'm 3 months post-partum and searching for some motivation! Any mamas out there want to share their success stories to motivate this new mama who's exhausted and feeling frumpy?

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm a hot 43 y o mama! It took a while though! I put on 5 stone when I was preggers which is 70 pounds, then did silly silly dieting to lose it. Wish I'd found this place years ago.

Are you breast feeding?
  • weldinchic
    weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
    I am! Since my kiddo arrived, I've lost 20 pounds. There's so much more to lose though!

And BTW: Killer definition!! You look amazing!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    I had my daughter at 35. I gained 62 lbs and had a c section. I'm 40 now and I think I look pretty hot. I'm still attracting plenty of men (some in their 20s- omg)
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Hey Mama, im in the process of being a hot mama again, started MFP when my second boy was 5 weeks old, was feeling sooooo jiggly and gross, have lost 13 lb and he's now 4 months old, have got out of all the maternity clothes and so glad I started. Most of that I did on diet alone so if your feeling too tired to exercise dont stress, the weight will come off
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Love this ... you ladies are HOT :)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    I am! Since my kiddo arrived, I've lost 20 pounds. There's so much more to lose though!

And BTW: Killer definition!! You look amazing!

I'll just say don't try and cut too much while you're feeding, it's a precious time. There's a few threads about calorie needs. My poor bunny suffered a bit because of my silly dieting.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    totally agree on not dieting too hard during BFing. My supple took a nose dive when I started dieting. So I gave up dieting, made better food choices and continued to exercise. I didn't lose anything while BFing but once she weened at 11 months, I dropped 20 lbs immediately without even trying. For me, BFing was like being in a permanent state of PMS but again, I was an "older" mom so maybe that had something to do with it.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    totally agree on not dieting too hard during BFing. My supple took a nose dive when I started dieting. So I gave up dieting, made better food choices and continued to exercise. I didn't lose anything while BFing but once she weened at 11 months, I dropped 20 lbs immediately without even trying. For me, BFing was like being in a permanent state of PMS but again, I was an "older" mom so maybe that had something to do with it.

no I was the the same as a young mama. I lost the initial weight, but then my body didn't want to lose anything. But after I stopped breastfeeding it all came off. I don't regret bfing for one minute of the two years I spent breastfeeding my two kids. I just wish I had given myself a pass and hadn't stressed the weight. It was frustrating. I lose so much more now that my body is my own. It may take me until my kids are 6 and 5, but I'm going to be a super hot mama. :)
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    I had my son on May 30th 2013, Down 61 pounds (Was 200)still have aout 15/20 to go, not worried about the number on the scale because my body has been getting toned but its possible, BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO LOSE THE C-SECTION POUCH lol my first child was natural but my May baby was a emergency c-ection.
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    I feel like the c-section pouch never goes away LOL I'm still working on it but my SO tells me it's all in my head.....
  • jessbro1977
    jessbro1977 Posts: 58 Member
    My 5th daughter is 7 months old, I have lost 50 pounds from the day I had her! My profile pic shows before pregnancy, during pregnancy and 2 weeks ago. It's hard battle and I'm a work In progress but I FEEL AMAZING! I've been back to work full time since she was 7 weeks old so I've had to be creative in getting my workouts in, like I have gone to a track with baby in stroller and let my other kids push her while I run up to 20 laps! Boring? Yes! But I got my workout in! I'm a new runner and love it, so if you ever need some words of encouragement friend me I'll will be glad to help!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Not sure I'd consider myself a "hot mama," BUT I definitely look much better than I did. :wink:

c4b866c2-468a-4a96-8053-14ffe9c72a50_zpsb1d55d91.jpg

The first pic is from St. Patrick's Day 2012. The last pics are from this past Christmas. I achieved a 35 lb. loss through diet ALONE. I breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months, then started dieting 2 months later, and I lost the first 20 lbs. within the first 6 months!

Now, I'm on to address the thigh/butt issues. Weight training is ON, as of 12/24/13. :bigsmile:
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    I had my youngest a year ago (on the 26th) and I'm the same weight from when I got married 5 years ago. I weighed in around 210 when I gave birth a year ago (he was 10.4 pounds). And I'm currently 163. Pre baby I was 183. My goal is 145-150 and I'm 5'9". I'm feeling pretty hot! Lol. If I knew how to add pics I would!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    I'm a hot 43 y o mama! It took a while though! I put on 5 stone when I was preggers which is 70 pounds, then did silly silly dieting to lose it. Wish I'd found this place years ago.

Are you breast feeding?

You are a hot mama!! Lol. I want to look like you :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I had my boys 13 months apart and gained 70 pounds with the first one. That was all still there pretty much after I had the second one, so I spent a year working out and working on my food to develop a healthier lifestyle. I lost the weight and have kept the majority of it off for the last 18 years. I'm a 41 year old mama now and likely to be a grandma within the next two years.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I feel like the c-section pouch never goes away LOL I'm still working on it but my SO tells me it's all in my head.....

It is all in your head :flowerforyou: I hope to one day have a belly that looks like yours.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

That looks a perfectly normal, beautiful abdomen to me!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    The smallest I ever was before having kids was a size 8 (in my 20s). I'm in my 30s with 2 kids and am now down to a size 4. I gained 37lbs with my first child, lost over 40 lbs by the time he was a year old (no dieting, just bfing and cardio); I gained 35lbs with my second child, lost just under 40 lbs by the time she was a year old (again, bfing and cardio).

My youngest will be 3 next week...I've lost an additional 10 lbs in that time by joining a gym and starting to lift weights. I dunno...I think I'm pretty hot...and people guess I'm 25/26 all of the time...I'll be 34 next month.
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    I am 8.5 months post partum and am back to my pre pregnancy weight. I feel stronger than ever but I still have belly pooch and it is sooo frustrating!! Working on losing a few more pounds and hopefully the pooch will get better. Its hard work but if you commit, you can totally do it!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    I was the same way. Any dieting just killed my supply, so I made healthy choices and exercised regularly and barely lost any weight 'til my girls weaned. Once I was done BFing the weight came off a lot easier.

I put a few pounds back on in Nov / December, but in 2013 I was at my lowest adult weight and it was awesome. And this is after having two kids. It's totally attainable. Finding time to exercise and making good food choices isn't always easy with the little ones but you can do it. Just remember to be kind to yourself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!