Need friends for support

Options
Hi. I have been counting my calories on and off for a couple of years. Lately I have started having problems walking. Because of my weight my feet is always swollen. I lay down and sit almost the entire day. Today I decided (again) to start a new diet and start logging all that I eat. I need help and I need friends for support.

I am 235.9 lbs
My goal is 150 lbs
I am 45 years old

Replies

• AurrieB
    Options
    Fairly new to this site, but I could use friends too! Support is always wonderful and good luck on your journey!

I am 215 lbs (was 240lbs when I started, but that was before using this site), current goal is 180 lbs (ideally I would like to lose more, but I like taking things in chunks), and I am 25. C:
  • karebear26
    karebear26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi, im 37 and have been "off the wagon" for about\ a year now, i just gave birth to my 3rd child and didn't think i should track while pregnant, now that he is going on 3 months i want to get to my goal, I myself could use as much support as i can, please feel free to add me :)
  • karebear26
    karebear26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Allyme123
    Options
    HI everyone, I am new to this site as well and am looking for someone trying to loose around the same weight as myself which is 60- 80 lb. I'm Hoping to accomplish this goal within 6-8 months. I have done several diets but as you can guess i never stuck it out! Loose 20 gain 25 has been my on going routine for years now. I started calorie counting yesterday and am sticking to 1200 cal a day with my only beverages being green tea and water. Please add :) Support might help us all!

Weight: 220 lb
    Goal. 160-140 lb

56684052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gemgal29
    Options
    I need all the help I can get. :) I'm turning 40 this year and it's time I get off the sofa! I have never ever been thin. I was a chubby kid, fat teen, and now even a fatter adult. I did loose some weight in 2000. Even though I was still above the 200 pound mark, I was active, I was out socializing, riding a bike, doing things. Then I hit a mental wall and it was down hill ever since.

In 2012 I quit my job to move cities and go back to school. During that time I think I gained at least 20 plus pounds during school.
    I haven't been able to find a job since graduating. And it's beyond frustrating. I certainly feel my health deteriorating, and I need to make a change. FOR me. I don't have any children, nor do I want any. Personal choice. But I do want to be around for my nieces and nephews.

A friend of mine told me about this site. And I must say, even though it's day 2. I really like it. I have a huge battle ahead of me. And I know that this weight won't go away over night. It took 40 years to get this way, and I'm guessing a year or two to take a good part of it away.

I don't know completely how this site works, but if anyone cares to buddy up with me, or just idle chit chat to help one another out.. I'm game.
  • Demi928
    Demi928 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am in on the same journey!
  • Bruinsfan84
    Options
    Hello. My name is Amy and Im willing to try and encourage you as I also could benefit from some encouragement as well.. I am a home health aide aide with the elderly so I am used to trying to take things on a slower than normal basis..:happy:

What I tell my patients is to take it as easy as possible at first. Start low and slow and work your way up... Start on flat ground go as far as you can.. But have a seat mid way through if you need to.. Try for a few days, and tell me what you got.. I have been fighting the flu so I'm just getting my strength back ..

Can we make a weekly check in together???

Amy
  • thunderthyghz
    thunderthyghz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add