Looking for smoothies without bananas or strawberries.

Options
I'm going food shopping tomorrow for day one of my clean eating (ok mostly clean eating, if I really cut my self off I know I won't succeed lol), any who I was gonna make smoothies to have during the day when I'm at work since I work two hectic jobs and barely get 5 minutes to eat anything. My only problem is all the recipes I find include bananas and strawberries which I am allergic too. Does anyone know of any (good tasting) recipes that don't include these two ingredients? I will totally take anything with Greek yogurt and peanut butter too. :)
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't use recipes....my smoothie "formula" is 3-4 cups greens, one piece of fruit (or about 1/2 cup pieces), protein powder and fat (nut butter, avocado, coconut butter/oil). Go nuts!
  • smand2000
    Options
    Cup unsweetened almond milk, cup frozen berries (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry), cup Greek yogurt, whey protein (chocolate), 2 tablespoon almond butter. Add chia gel (soak chia seeds in water overnight), or 2 tablespoon chia seed (gel is better for improved consistency). Enjoy.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today, I made a smoothie with a cup of dannon light and fit greek yogurt, raspberries, blackberries, unsweetened almond milk, and i even added some cinnamon. I had some spinach but forgot to add it in. You really can add any fruit you want, like, and have in your house. You could even add 1/4 cup of oats.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    MIx GNC Total Lean 25 Orange Cream flavor protein powder with ice, water, 1/4 c crushed pineapple and add a couple of drops of coconut flavoring and you will think you're on an island.

GNC Blueberries and Cream flavor protein powder. Mix with water, ice and frozen blueberries.

GNC Vanilla Protein Powder: You can do just about anything you want with this. I bought packets of sugar free pudding mixes and I put a T of a flavor in the protein powder and then sometimes even add a splash of a flavoring. Below are some flavor combos for the vanilla flavor protein:

Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, water and ice.

Add SF chocolate pudding, ice, water and coconut flavoring and 1/4 tsp Hersheys Cocoa and it's basically an Almond Joy.

Add 2 T of SF butterscotch pudding, water and ice.

Add 1 T SF chocolate pudding, 1./4 T Hersheys Cocoa, ice, water and a 2 drops of mint flavoring and it's a minty chocolate shake.

Add 2T SF Lemon Pudding, 5 drops lemon juice water and ice and it with the vanilla flavor protein powder mixed with the lemon, it's kind of a lemon meringue taste.

Add 1/4 c no sugar added applesauce, apple pie spice, water and ice and have some apple pie without the crust.

Add 2T SF chocolate pudding, 1T PB2, water and ice.

Gingerbread: add 1 graham cracker, 1.4 tsp cinnamon, 1 cap vanilla, ice and water.

Also you can make Crystal Light Shakes by using your protein powder, 1/2 c Crystal Light 2 Tbs Cool Whip Free and ice.

Add V-8 to your protein powder with ice, water.

Raspberry Chocolate: Use chocolate protein powder, 6-8 oz milk, 8 raspberries and 6 ice cubes.

Add 1 c diet root beer that has gone flat with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder for a root beer float.

For more protein, you can always add cottage cheese to your shake as well. It makes more of a milkshake consistency, most often can't taste it.

There are a ton of different ways to make shakes so that you have a different one pretty much every day. Also, I forget the name of the website, it's something like DashingDish or something odd, it should show up if you do a protein shake recipe search. Also if you want to inbox me an email address, I would be happy to send you a booklet (I have it downloaded on my desktop) that one of my friends sent to me which is nothing but protein shakes.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    In September I treated myself to a Vitamix, so I could more readily use vegetables in my smoothies. I find that either yogurt or chia additions are essential to keep the smoothie from separating. I generally make enough to for 2 servings: one now and one later.

Magenta Wonder (makes 2 generous servings)
    1/4 c to 1/2 c filtered water + 1 3" beet dark red scrubbed and cubed ( do not peel and use beet tops too) + 1 medium apple + 1 c frozen unsweetened blueberries + 1 c plain yogurt + 1/2" pc of ginger root + 2 Tb dried nettle leaves or favorite loose green tea leaves
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Frozen pineapple/mango, greek yogurt, light coconut milk (canned), honey, chia seeds (added after you blend it). I just throw those into a blender; you have to play with the proportions to get the exact flavor/consistency that you like.