any affordable decent meal replacement or protein powder?

Options
Still getting settled with new lifestyle change and looking for affordable decent tasting protein powder or meal replacement powder to still support weight loss efforts.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As part of a lifestyle I would suggest eating food. Supplement as necessary, but replacing meals with shakes and what not really isn't what I'd call a "lifestyle"
  • gtmuggs
    gtmuggs Posts: 16
    Options
    Point taken, and i like eating food, but im looking for options that i can still get adequate nutrition and something filling when I don't have the time to get a healthy meal in, in addition to lifting weights i would like to add more protein to supplement building muscle.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Go to your local supermarket. Protein powder is affordable but comes in very large containers. A 2lb tub is quite common. It will costs $18, maybe more, but that includes many many servings, usually at least 30 or more. Just watch the sugars and carbs if you're not trying to bulk. If you are trying to bulk then you'd want more of those. Whey is normal industry standard, easily mixes with water or milk depending on your calorie goals.
    You could always buy ensure, just be careful to watch your calorie counts closely, but it's more expensive per unit cost then powdered protein