2»

Replies

• snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    seeds--- pumpkin ,flax sesame,sunflower seeds
    beans and greens--- kale,string beans,broccoli rabe,spinach ,ect
    tofu, soy milk
    grains grains and more grains-- amaranth, teff, brow and wild rice,millet,steel cut oats quinoa faro ect

all of above in combination are great sources of not only protein also high in iron,calcium ,potassium and dietary fiber
  • Chuchiiee
    Options
    I started an exercise regime where I HAVE to keep my protein in check. I'm vegetarian and like some said here.. you REALLY need to plan. And if you're doing it for more lean muscle.. you may need to think about a protein shake. I buy a vegan brown rice protein powder. It has 15g of protein for three tbsp. (I got mine at kroger for about $10 for the canister). And you want to consider getting at least 10g of protein per meal.

Here's how my day went yesterday protein wise:
    ==============================================================================================
    Early morning work out followed by a protein shake = ==24g protein (whey based protein powder... I'm slowly finding alternatives for this one)

Breakfast:
    1/2cup oatmeal = 5g protein
    2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter (PB2) = 5g protein
    1 tbsp brown rice protein powder = 5g protein
    (I also like to have my oatmeal with a 8 ounce cup of almond milk = 1.5g protein)
    ==== 16.5g protein total

lunch:
    1 cup of cooked pinto beans w/ side salad = 12g protein

Snack:
    24 raw almonds pieces = 5g protein

dinner:
    Large salad with various veggie toppings = 4g protein

Worked out followed by protein shake = 24g protein (made with brown rice powder + various fruits + I add a few veggies in it. So like a green protein smoothie)

Grand total: approx. 86g protein
    ===============================================================================

That may be overkill for you but I've carefully planned this out. Of course you would interchange different proteins as you see fit. Everyone has already mentioned all the various sources. :D
  • Renaynay833
    Renaynay833 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas and posts!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Losing weight has very little to do with the food you are eating...it's the quantity of food you are eating. Just eat a little less and move a little more; that is how you lose weight.