Why can I not see what others do?

Options
I have lost 105lbs (7.5 stone) since June last year, though clean eating and daily exercise, I still have a way to go mind!. People often say I look great and really healthy. The thing is I just don't see it or feel it, is that normal? My dress size has gone down and I feel better inside. But the other day I was in a clothes shop and picked up something which was five times my new size. That's when it dawned on me, in my head I'm still massive! Perhaps when I lose the last five stone I may start believing it.

Does anyone else feel like this or have you ever felt like this? How did you overcome this odd state of mind?

Replies

• justakiwi
    Options
    If your profile photo is current, you certainly don't look like you need to lose another 5 stone. Do you mind me asking what your goal weight is?

You have lost heaps of weight so you should be really proud of yourself. I guess there is always the risk, with this weight loss thing, that we start to obsess about what we look like in the mirror (or on the scales). Maybe you've been working at this for so long, and have been so focused on it, that you're losing your perspective. Look at how much you have lost.

From what I see in your photo I think you look great. I wouldn't have thought that you had anywhere near that much more weight to lose. Make sure your goal is realistic.
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My goal is 12 to 13 stone, I'm just under 17 now, the photo was taken on New Year's Eve.

I do think you are right. My partner cannot understand why I can't see what I have achieved, I do work hard at it and I am proud, it's just not brain has not caught up quite yet.

Thanks for the nice comments, they are much appreciated.