i need to find my motivation :/

Options
For the past six days, I've been over, my motivation has packed up and left me. I have a lot of weight to lose.
Could I be pressuring myself? Knowing I have over 100 lbs to lose.
I need my motivation back.

Replies

• snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jenny, the thought of having to lose a large sum of weight is overwhelming. Try to break it into smaller chunks and then just keep chipping away at it slowly. You do not have to lose very much weight to start reaping the benefits of healthier eating-and once you start feeling better think about how much better it is to have more energy, more stamina, etc.
  • toad493lbs
    toad493lbs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Snoots got it right. Shoot if all I worried about was the final goal of 180 I would curl up and cry like a baby. Take it one step at a time. Look how far others have come and realize that if they can do it so can you. Then grab hold and enjoy the ride. Yes it can be fun losing this weight, we had fun putting it on so enjoy getting rid of it.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Jenny,

hang in there, you can do it. No journey is ever perfect ...Just keep at it
  • bonmomi
    bonmomi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. My weight loss feels so miniscule when compared to the amount I have to lose. But, what is our alternative? To stay as we were or continue on with our slow progress? Cheer up, our slow progress is far better than where we were a few weeks ago! We can do this!!! Just remind me of this speech next week when I'm missing my motivation :laugh:
  • jacquib234
    jacquib234 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I would say stop thinking about losing any more weight while you get your "mojo" back. Just concentrate on not regaining any.
    A friend of mine has taught me something that has helped me enormously. At the end of each day, find something to celebrate. If I've had a bad day the celebration, usually, is that I only had the normal size chocolate and not the king size bar. (Trust me in my case that's a big thing).
    While I've been losing weight I've been hoping people will tell me I look better (i.e. thinner). It happened once but not again, then at Christmas just gone, my sister in law said she'd noticed something how much better and easier I'm moving now. It made me realise that heck yes, I can feel it aswell. So, don't forget how much easier it is to move - literally - when you have lost weight.
    I'm thinking of my weight loss as two things a journey and a story. The only important thing about the story is that the last line says "and she never regained the weight." The important thing about the journey is that it's a marathon, not a sprint. For me, providing the overall progress line is downward, who cares what blips happen along the way? Remember Marathon runners talk about the time their energy dips but they just keep putting one foot in front of the other until the second wind takes hold.
    Remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place? (in my case an arthritic hip and to prevent gout, I'm just turned 50) It's really helping with both those things.
    Losing lots of weight quickly isn't important, losing it and keeping it off is what counts. At least that's my view.
    Hope that helps

Jacqui
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Motivation is temporary - what you need is discipline.

Do you want this, or not?
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) Discipline needed, thanks Mr_Knight. I am going to do this, it may take time, but I'll get there.

And hopefully find it fun... apparently toad429 lbs :D
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I find that I lose my motivation quite a bit. The key is even when you aren't feeling up for it, to just keep going and force yourself to go. This is something i've learned the hard way after losing so much progress over and over again. There will days you wont want to do it, but you need to force yourself, otherwise you may just end up falling right back into the bad habits.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes and goes. Sometimes my motivation completely crashes and burns for weeks. Don't give up. Don't give up!! Keep logging in. Bad day or good, keep logging. You'll get this. You can do it!
  • fortyandfit4me
    Options
    One small step and you will see the fruits of your labor imagine this by summer you could be down 30/40 by fall another 15/20 and by the holidays you could be close to you goal weight this can all be real in your life

REMEMBER NOTHING EVER CHANGES IF NOTHING EVER CHANGES
  • candirose69
    Options
    its also helpful to have it written down what you want, why and how you are gonna get there.
    I have a list of affirmations above my desk such as "I will not eat any biscuits from the tea room, I odnt want them" "I will log eveything i eat" "1400 cals" ect and at the bottom i have "74/70" which is my next goal of 74kgs and a 70cm waist :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Motivation is temporary - what you need is discipline.

Do you want this, or not?

+1
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    BLESS YOUR HEART. The idea of losing triple digit weight, as far as I am concerned, makes fish stop swimming in the sea. It makes clocks stop ticking for crying out loud. The big thing to remember is that whether it is 10 lbs or 110 (or 150 like me), losing weight is like cooking a brisket. LOW AND SLOW----Cooking a brisket fast makes it tough. You didn't put that weight on over night. Take the time to savor the journey and all the accomplishments that take place along the way. It will happen when it is supposed to happen. And think of the stories you will have to tell and all the things you will have to reflect upon that will not only remind you to never go back, but things you can share to help others.
    Above and beyond everything else, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that you are not alone on this journey. Keep your eye on the prize and stay in touch with your buddies here. YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!!!