What is your fitness mantra?

Options
I've read that having a mantra, or motivational saying, that you say during a tough workout or on days when you feel like skipping the gym can really turn things around. I don't have one, but probably need one.*LOL* Does anyone? Care to share?

Shannon

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    My volleyball team had a simple saying. "Whatever it takes."

~Leash :heart:
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Mine isn't very nice. The initials are, "JFDI" The J is not for Jesus.

One of my MFP friends goes, "Bikini, bikini, bikini, bikini" whenever she is lacking motivation. I like that one.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse"
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    I'm strong, I'm beautiful. I can do this!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I always have Chalene Johnson's words in my head when I feel like stopping a workout early.... "Not because you want to, because you have to" and I always tell myself I only want to stop because I want to not because I have to so I keep on plugging away!
  • SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    Options
    "Just keep going"
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Have a music mantra! Depends on my mood, but here are some of my favorites:

"Stronger" by Kanye West
    "Waiting" by Carrie Underwood
    "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus....sad, I know, but it's so freakin' catchy!
    "Can't Make a Ho a Housewife" by Snoop Dog

and several others...put on a song you love and jam!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    "Just 10 minutes" is my mantra for exercising.... when I don't want to exercise, I tell myself that I only have to do it for 10 minutes... I always end up doing more... interestingly enough, it's the same motivation I use for my son for cleaning his room - "you only have to give me 10 minutes..."

"I am a champion" is the other... go out to youtube and search for Coach Flowers I am a Champion. I was never a great athlete but in my heart I tell myself that I am and that my body deserves to be treated with the same respect, dedication and attention that a professional athletes body does... my body takes care of a family. Coach Flowers speech gets me going every time.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

One of my MFP friends goes, "Bikini, bikini, bikini, bikini" whenever she is lacking motivation. I like that one.

Ooooo I wanna know, please share!

Some of us enjoy negative mantras. I know it’s not nice to put down other people in order to pump yourself up but if you do it or say it in the privacy of your own home go for it. You are #1 so forget being nice in your pursuit to be skinny.

I’ll be the one to put that age-old mantra here that so many of us love and hear all too often; “Nothing Tastes As Good as Skinny Feels”.

Along those lines of putting down others to make yourself feel better I made a small poster on my computer a couple of years ago of fat celebrities like Pierce Brosnan's wife, Britney when she was hefty'er and others all in bikini's. I taped it to my food cupboard in my kitchen so when I opened up the cupboard I never took any of the food for fear I would end up looking like them.

I'm aware that's kind of immature but hey, it worked. I think I should bring that poster back out, it was awesome!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I can guess it. It's Nike's slogan with a twist, right?

Sometimes I find myself quoting a song from Xhibit - "bigger, faster, stronger, built to hurt...". That kinda pumps me up.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't so much say a phrase to myself as I want to know that I gave 100% and more into what I am doing. I want to be completed wasted at the end of the workout and know that I put everything I had into it. And I know to look like the girl in the fitness magazine I am going to have to earn it.

"No Regrets" and "Bring It"
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I want rockin' abs..I want rockin abs...I want rockin' abs

I have no trouble with cardio, legs or even back workout..I HATE AB workouts so I just keep repeating it.. but shhhh don't tell my abs that it isn't ever going to happen...the skin is beyond repair after having four kids....only so much I can do....
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My motto is "Just 10 mins" when I dont feel like excercising...it works everytime
    and "Today is a new day" for when I had a bad day or week
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Fighter by Christina Aguilera

Makes me that much stronger
    Makes me work a little bit harder
    It makes me that much wiser
    So thanks for making me a fighter
    Made me learn a little bit faster
    Made my skin a little bit thicker
    Makes me that much smarter
    So thanks for making me a fighter.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Get the...up and do it already! A few more minutes, you can do a few more minutes, you won't die and if you do, well you'll look good in your casket. :laugh:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Music works well!!

My favs to get me pumped up:

All I Do Is Win (DJ Khaled)
    Imma Be (Blackeyed Peas)
    Buttons (*****cat Dolls)
    Anything You Want (Shakira)

and anything by Linkin Park or Eminem, lol.

Also, think about those celebs that are super hot... either you'd want to be fit to think you'd someday have a chance with them (Mmm, Jackson Rathbone and Jesse Williams....hey, one can dream, right?) or you want to have a killer body like theirs (as you'll see, Shakira is on my weight loss ticker!)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    LOL
    mine is look.good.naked.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options

Pretty sure I know what those letters stand for!

My mantra isn't so much for getting started, it's more while I'm doing a hard workout-"I can do ANYTHING for _____ minutes". And I do it!
  • sallyLunn
    Options

I can guess it. It's Nike's slogan with a twist, right?

Sometimes I find myself quoting a song from Xhibit - "bigger, faster, stronger, built to hurt...". That kinda pumps me up.

Yep, it sure is. :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    when I think I can't do it, I say to myself out loud. Yes You CAN.