:love: Chia Seed Chai Smoothie:love:

Ingredients: 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup cool chai tea
1.5 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 t cinnamon
A pinch of ginger
0.5 cup ice

Combine the chia and tea first to make a gel, then blend all ingredients together! It yields around 24 oz, which is three cups at 120 calories, so only one cup turns out to 40 calories! And it's delicious too.

Replies

• morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered the greatness of almond milk and chia seeds.. Can't wait to try this! Thanks.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing! =)
  • LeynaTempleton
    Options
    I don't have chia seeds, but I'm going to still try it!! Sounds de-lish!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of chia seeds is 60 calories. A cup and a half of almond milk is 60-90 calories. Must be a pretty small banana....
  • franzhaydn
    Options
    A tablespoon of chia seeds is 60 calories. A cup and a half of almond milk is 60-90 calories. Must be a pretty small banana....
    I'm so sorry! I had only a half a glass and so it messed up my calculations :(
    One glass is actually 80 cals. That being said - still pretty good! the whole recipe then is 240 cals total. Thanks for catching the error :P
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    One glass is actually 80 cals. That being said - still pretty good! the whole recipe then is 240 cals total. Thanks for catching the error :P
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is only 30cal per cup :-)
  • franzhaydn
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is only 30cal per cup :-)
    Well in that case it would be 65 cal per 8oz! even better!