Cauliflower Crust Pizza w/ Pics!

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
PizzaFinal1of1.jpg

So I tried cauliflower pizza last night for the first time and it was super delicious! It was 41 calories per slice (8 slices per pizza) and only 2 grams of fat! Had I not made it myself, I totally wouldn't have believed it was made from cauliflower! It's gluten free, paleo, and just straight up delicious!

Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2014/01/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Enjoy! :)

Replies

• alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Thanks for the recipe!
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night and it was yummers! My fiance went back for 3rds and was upset that I wanted to take leftovers to work. And I told one of my girlfriends she could have some of what I brought for lunch and she said it was so good she had to eat the whole thing.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How was the consistency? Every time I've made it, the flavor was delicious, but I had to eat it with a fork since the consistency wasn't something that could be picked up. I like a crispy crust.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How difficult was it to make? I've been wanting to try this but feel a little intimidated by it. Looks delicious.
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cool! I miss my pizza.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I know there are a plethora of versions out there, here is mine:
    Grated a head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (I would use a food processor if I had one). Cook in microwave for 8 mins. Let it cool for about 10 mins. Put in an egg and 1/2 cup mozzarella as well as a few dashes of whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, cayenne). Mix with hand. It'll be gloppy. Spread onto a lightly oiled pan. I used coconut oil on glass. Norm i use olive oil but my cousin said to try coconut for when olive oil hits a certain temp it turns to trans fat. Bake at 450 for 15 or until it starts to brown slightly. As that baked I sautéed desired veggies in coconut oil. I used summer squash mushrooms and asparagus. Once crust was done I used no salt added diced tomatoes for sauce. Added cheese. Put sautéed veggies on top. Baked an additional 15 on 450 or until cheese started to brown
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Why? Why does everyone think cauliflower can replace everything?:sick:

Eat the real thing.

:flowerforyou:
  • Annice22
    Annice22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! I'm figuring out how to creatively get more veggies in my diet and I 'm loving how I'm feeling so far. I'm excited to try this, if not just for the cooking challenge.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Looks great but I'm too lazy to make this.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have made cauliflower pizza bites before and while they were yummy, they don't look as delicious as yours! Thanks!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump! This looks great!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    How was the consistency? Every time I've made it, the flavor was delicious, but I had to eat it with a fork since the consistency wasn't something that could be picked up. I like a crispy crust.

You have to make sure to get as much liquid as possible out of the cauliflower first! I think that really affects consistency (I came up with about 2 cups of liquid afterwards! Also, the recipe I used called for 1 tbsp flour of choice (I used almond flour) and I think it really helped bind everything together!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    How difficult was it to make? I've been wanting to try this but feel a little intimidated by it. Looks delicious.

Thanks! I found it pretty easy! I used a nut milk bag (sometimes labeled as a reusable produce bag) to strain it which really helped. You can also use a clean dishcloth, cheesecloth, or strainer, but I found the nut milk bag the easiest! After straining it, everything else was done within a few minutes.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I know there are a plethora of versions out there, here is mine:
    Grated a head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (I would use a food processor if I had one). Cook in microwave for 8 mins. Let it cool for about 10 mins. Put in an egg and 1/2 cup mozzarella as well as a few dashes of whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, cayenne). Mix with hand. It'll be gloppy. Spread onto a lightly oiled pan. I used coconut oil on glass. Norm i use olive oil but my cousin said to try coconut for when olive oil hits a certain temp it turns to trans fat. Bake at 450 for 15 or until it starts to brown slightly. As that baked I sautéed desired veggies in coconut oil. I used summer squash mushrooms and asparagus. Once crust was done I used no salt added diced tomatoes for sauce. Added cheese. Put sautéed veggies on top. Baked an additional 15 on 450 or until cheese started to brown

That's pretty close to the same recipe. :) I don't have a microwave though so I liked the idea of roasting the cauliflower first (plus it really brought out a nice flavour).
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    So I can eat the whole pizza for 328 calories :P Thanks for recipe!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    bump

and

Thx!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    So I can eat the whole pizza for 328 calories :P Thanks for recipe!

I just looked at what I wrote and it's too late to edit! That should say 41 calories per slice for the crust (since toppings are variables). I logged it last night and 1/2 the pizza (with my toppings) was about 350 calories, and it's the size of a large pizza you'd order in a restaurant! I was completely satisfied after, best 350 calories ever! :)
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    that looks amazing!