Hi

Options
Hi Everyone

I am new to MFP and just wanted to say hello.
After being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year I thought it was time I did something.

I went back to the gym and found myself a gym buddy in the process and I try to eat health most of the time.

I have managed to loose 1st in 6 months. I know I could have lost more but I am quite happy with that.

My recent blood test showed up high cholesteral so there is the next thing to battle.

My first goal is to get my BMI below 30 which means I only have 8lbs to shift, with a bit of hard work I am hoping to get there by march.

Good luck to everyone in your goals.

Sarah

Replies

• bloggymomx
    Options
    Hi! I am on the close borderline of being diabetic and am on Metformin. However my doctor also wants me to control with diet. :)
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did 3 months with diet and exercise and got my blood glucose down, but it was still recommended to me that I go onto Metformin for the other health benefits. As much as I don't like taking tablets I figured prevention is better than cure given my family history. To top it off, my cholesterol is high so as of next week there will be another tablet to the slowing growing collection.