Feeling sleepy last 3 days any ideas why?

Options
I eat all day and sleep enough. I exercise 30 minutes a day. At first I was full of energy but for the last 3 days I feel so sleepy with no energy and have to force getting through my cardio. Please anyone have ideas why? thanks

Replies

• entropy90
    entropy90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How are your mircos and macros?
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    You eat all day, but do you eat enough? Is it your time of month? Are you stressed?
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fighting a cold or other sickness?
  • Meggiepegs
    Options
    Um well yes it's my time of the month in 2 days lol. I'm not sure what my macros are. If someone can take a look at my food diary please that would help me . And yes also iam stressed from the kids ....:)
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    time of the month? How about low iron?

I had to take my iron pill
  • entropy90
    entropy90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your macros look good so I'm gonna guess that your micros a fine.
  • Meggiepegs
    Options
    Time of the month as in woman's menstral cycle . I have had iron issues in the past but I'm eating a lot of chicken. I hope it will pass because Im not sure what to do, I think my eating diary is good and I have been doing well for 6 days. not getting sick with cold or anything like that either.
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    Probably low iron then…. it's almost my time of month too and I've been really tired lately.

EDIT: Oops didn't see that about the chicken
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Only time I get sleepy like you describe is when I am sleep deprived, which you said you were not, or when I'm pregnant. Sounds like you will be able to rule out the latter in a couple of days :)
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've read on WebMD that it could be a Thyroid problem or Low potassium problem as well. Consider checking with your doctor and have your blood work analyzed.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    More likely than not it is probably low iron... While chicken does have some iron it does not have as much as beef does. If you are not a red meat person here are some links for foods with iron.

http://huhs.harvard.edu/assets/File/OurServices/Service_Nutrition_Iron.pdf

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthfiles/hfile68d.stm

2 other things to get checked out if this continues are: vitamin D and thyroid.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I got that feeling a few months ago and my hemoglobin was low from iron anemia. My iron had been low for ages, but my doc never mentioned it (until it affected my actual hemoglobin level, which is a little disturbing). Ask for your levels is my advice! A history of iron anemia means you are more likely to have it than others, and your period (lining time) might be why you are noticing symptoms now.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    eat more red meat. low iron makes me tired too
  • Meggiepegs
    Options
    Thank you everyone, appreciate the feedback !!