Cauliflower Crust Pizza w/ Pics!

Options

Replies

• KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    PizzaFinal1of1.jpg

So I tried cauliflower pizza last night for the first time and it was super delicious! It was 41 calories per slice (8 slices per pizza) and only 2 grams of fat! Had I not made it myself, I totally wouldn't have believed it was made from cauliflower! It's gluten free, paleo, and just straight up delicious!

Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2014/01/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Enjoy! :)

Bump
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!! Bump!!!
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious!!! I will definitely have to try this (and not tell my fiancée what is in it because he doesn't like cauliflower). I bet he will like it if I don't tell him what is in it, as I have done with other recipes.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For some reason the idea of broccoli on pizza isn't totally insane. And this looks rather nice. I'd have some.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    is there a way to make cauliflower crust without cheese in it? I don't eat dairy :(

Dairy free cheese might work? I think the cheese helps bind everything together. Dayla makes some good cheese, and I've heard cashew cheese is pretty interchangeable in recipes too! Hopefully this helps!

yeah I was thinking that. Daiya cheese is yummy but I'm actually kinda opposite of you and I'm a low fat person so I was hoping there was a different way to do it =p I might have to just play around with it. Looks yummy though.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I'm trying hard to get in more veggies, and this might be something that I'll actually enjoy :laugh: THANKS!!!
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I will definitely try this, thanks for posting!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Looks fabulous!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How was the consistency? Every time I've made it, the flavor was delicious, but I had to eat it with a fork since the consistency wasn't something that could be picked up. I like a crispy crust.

You have to make sure to get as much liquid as possible out of the cauliflower first! I think that really affects consistency (I came up with about 2 cups of liquid afterwards! Also, the recipe I used called for 1 tbsp flour of choice (I used almond flour) and I think it really helped bind everything together!

Do you think it would work to put the cauliflower in a juicer to extract the water and then use the shredded cauliflower that is in the pulp reservoir to make the crust? Or would that be too fine of a shred for the "dough"?
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! Will have to try. :)))
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! I've been wanting to try this for the longest
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    For some reason the idea of broccoli on pizza isn't totally insane. And this looks rather nice. I'd have some.

Everyone always looks at me crazy like whenever I order it at a restaurant. Broccoli & cheese historically go well together though! It's my favourite pizza topping!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    How was the consistency? Every time I've made it, the flavor was delicious, but I had to eat it with a fork since the consistency wasn't something that could be picked up. I like a crispy crust.

You have to make sure to get as much liquid as possible out of the cauliflower first! I think that really affects consistency (I came up with about 2 cups of liquid afterwards! Also, the recipe I used called for 1 tbsp flour of choice (I used almond flour) and I think it really helped bind everything together!

Do you think it would work to put the cauliflower in a juicer to extract the water and then use the shredded cauliflower that is in the pulp reservoir to make the crust? Or would that be too fine of a shred for the "dough"?

I actually considered that myself while I was making it, but you would either have to a) cook the cauliflower first and then juice it and I'm not really sure how well that would work or b) juice the cauliflower and then cook it but I don't know how well it would cook once it's pulp? It wouldn't be too fine though I pureed the heck out of mine!
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options

I don't remember if the recipe I tried used flour or not. Thanks, though :)