Just now revving into this. Any nerds out there?

Options
Hello. I am just starting my New Year's resolution. Better late than never? Looking to lose about 47 lbs.

I am trying out a few different sciency things. I'm a nerd and I expect to be on here pretty often. So add me if you want something like that around.

Expect a lot of comic book and cartoon references if you do. Right now I am trying a diet of Soylent. It's gooooood so far. We will see, though, as I progress with it.

Replies

• SmartDad73
    SmartDad73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Total science nerd here! I just added you! :smile:
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    Woo! I like science. Biochem undergrad right here.
  • Jenloves2eat
    Jenloves2eat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha, Soylent...I've always wanted to try it... ;)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you're a data nerd, get an activity tracker like Jawbone UP or Fitbit. Infographics!
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    I am doing a modified one of this recipe. :

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/copy-of-people-chow-230-cheap-49

It's pretty nice so far.
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    If you're a data nerd, get an activity tracker like Jawbone UP or Fitbit. Infographics!

I am but I am also poor. Maybe someday. I love data.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I cook all my meals with the Essence of Pure Flavor.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    you sound awesome ^_^ welcome!
  • CleaverWard
    Options

What is that?
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lots of data is available in MFP...

On the website (not the app), scroll down to the very bottom of the "Food Diary" page and you will see a "View Full Report (Printable)" button.

From their you can download/export all your food and exercise to a spreadsheet and do your own additional analysis and graphing from the raw data.
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    Yeah. That will be nice. I actually keep everything in a handful of excel spreadsheets. I am mostly on here for mobility and social stuff.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am horrible at science..however I have a spiderman tattoo and a betta fish named Spidey. Go Marvel! If you're a DC fan...I'm not sure this would work out.
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    I am mostly a DC fan, but give me a bit of Deadpool or Wolverine and I won't turn my nose up. Actually, I am about to sign up for Marvel's 10-dollar-a-month-read-all-the-things program.... I guess I like both.

Actually, just in pure numbers, while I have more DC than Marvel, I have more Deadpool (And Cable & Deadpool) than Batman in my Kindle app.... So... Not sure where that puts me
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

What is that?

Futurama reference.

180px-TheEssenceofPureFlavour.png

It's nothing but water. Water laced with LSD.

Sorry, I guess my cartoon quotes will be incompatible.
  • mariecurie88
    mariecurie88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a chemistry grad student, and embrace my "nerd" title. This looks like a job for science! Friend request sent :)
  • azdeha
    azdeha Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    More of a Marvel/Anime/Trekkie/LOTR kinda girl here.

Not so much into the sciences themselves. Always been more arty farty.
  • angiemango
    angiemango Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nerdy programmer / web dev / technology nerd here, but also into the usual scifi / fantasy / pop culture stuff too.
    I don't have any friends on this site yet so it would be good to have some =D
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    All the friends are mine. Take that everyone else!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This is my go to work out shirt - https://www.etsy.com/listing/169618593/large-wordy-geek-unisex-shirt - I may in fact be a nerd
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    Haha. Mine is my.... Well it's sort of a lady's Robin outfit... Corduroy might be involved.