Blender

Options
Not sure this would be under food and nutrition but thought that would be my guess. My dear husband decided to throw my blender away. (grrr) Well He said i can get a new one. I want a good blender that will not leave ice chunky. I love to make smoothies. Or so i can make a homemade version of the Naked Juices and frappes. What do you use and what pros and cons have you found with it. also what is the cost if you know. Thanks.

Replies

• rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is my blender: http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524892693364&prd_cd=726754&listItemId=88823252&quantity=1&skucode=88823252&frmPage=listView&size=NO SIZE&listType=registry&registryName=RHEANNA%20%26%20SHAWN&shipToID=56297194553792109&registryType=0&registryID=1825451&listId=1825451&color=BLACK

I LOVE it! I make protein smoothies almost every day, so I'm living off of this thing :) I have not found any drawbacks. It's on sale at Kohls right now for $39.99 and there's a 30% off code (SAVEBIG30) which would bring it down to 27.99
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is my blender: http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524892693364&prd_cd=726754&listItemId=88823252&quantity=1&skucode=88823252&frmPage=listView&size=NO SIZE&listType=registry&registryName=RHEANNA%20%26%20SHAWN&shipToID=56297194553792109&registryType=0&registryID=1825451&listId=1825451&color=BLACK

I LOVE it! I make protein smoothies almost every day, so I'm living off of this thing :) I have not found any drawbacks. It's on sale at Kohls right now for $39.99 and there's a 30% off code (SAVEBIG30) which would bring it down to 27.99

how does it do with ice? I like my ice to be like really blended. i guess like snow.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like my nutri bullet but to be honest I don't usually put ice in my smoothies i use frozen fruit so no need for it ... sorry
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i dont usually do ice in my smoothies but in my frappes and such i do
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have limited counterspace so I prefer hand blenders. I have had an Oster at home for years. I don't remember the cost. I bought a Hamilton Beach one today for my lake house and paid 19.98 plus tax. Both Oster and the Hamilton ones come with a whip attachment as well as the blender. I prefer a hand blender. To me it is less mess. When I make pureed soups I blended directly in the pot I cooked the veggies in. I have a large plastic glass that I blend my smoothies in.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I finally bit the bullet and dropped the cash on a Blendtec - it was our Christmas gift to each other this year. That thing makes great smoothies, and blends ice in like nobody's business! These are the machines that Jamba Juice and Starbucks use, so you can get the same smoothie and frap consistency at home that you get from their shops.

They aren't cheap. We got ours from Costco online - they have been running specials on them, not sure if it's still on sale or not.
  • corsiva
    corsiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix (https://www.vitamix.com) and have yet to find anything it can't handle. Smoothies, ice cream/froyo/sorbets, homemade peanut butter, the most amazing soups ever (it actually cooks the soup in the blender so it's nice and steaming when you pour it into your bowl)… the list is endless. Yeah, they're pricey, but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Review of the top 4 performance blenders. http://www.livingrawbygrace.com/1/post/2012/07/vitamix-vsblendtec-vs-healthmaster-vs-ninja.html
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I splurged on a Vitamix. It is all that is says. I do not even bother with my Mr. Juicer. Best thing is that it is easy to clean even though the bottom does not screw off. I made an instant icy blizzard with unsweetened soy milk, a chocolate protein bar and ice cubes. It was as delicious as anything from Dairy Queen.
  • cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    if you want it to last 10+ years, and would use it at least 3-5x per week... vitamix 5200 is the way to go.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love this one so much that I recently bought extra blades as well as a whole new system for backup. The one I've had has lasted for years already, and I use it a lot with the single-serve cups. I just got back up because I first bought it at Kohl's, and now I don't see it in stores anymore. So I wanted backup before it disappears entirely. Takes care of ice fantastically!

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPB-300-SmartPower-15-Piece-Portable/dp/B003YLEXBO/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1390104602&sr=1-1

(Cuisinart CPB-300 SmartPower)