HRM help!

Options
Hello,

I've been using Endomondo for quite sometime now on my Android phone. I am looking to treat myself to a HRM this year. Does anyone have any advice on what HRM I should get? I would like one that has a watch and a chest strap as I do both water & land sports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how much you are wanting to spend. I know many people use Polar HR monitors. The watch kinds are the least expensive, the ones with the chest strap are more. If you run at all, I would suggest the Garmin Forerunner 310XT. I have the 205 now, which does not have HR, but am upgrading soon. It is a full GPS/HR monitor that will track all of your runs just like Endomondo. You can import the data straight into Endomondo so you don't have to enter it manually. It is a great device.
  • Jazzy_MiSa
    Options
    I'm hoping that this isn't a silly question... Does the watch monitor your HR or is it only the chest strap that monitors your HR?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that this isn't a silly question... Does the watch monitor your HR or is it only the chest strap that monitors your HR?

It's the chest strap that monitors the HR - but you also need to be wearing the watch. They work together.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend this website (which I have no affiliation with) for a comparison of all the top brands:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-comparison-calculator
  • stplatt
    Options
    I highly recommend this website (which I have no affiliation with) for a comparison of all the top brands:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-comparison-calculator

YUP. excellent site.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A less expensive, not too fancy, basic model, but very good is the Polar FT4 that a lot of people here have reccomended and have. I got one because of that and love it. It was about $65 on Amazon. The other, next odel up that is highly reccomended is the Polar FT 7.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 for Christmas and really like it. If I had bought for myself, I probably would have bought the FT7 with some more bells and whistles, but mine has basically everything I need.
  • stplatt
    Options
    A less expensive, not too fancy, basic model, but very good is the Polar FT4 that a lot of people here have reccomended and have. I got one because of that and love it. It was about $65 on Amazon. The other, next odel up that is highly reccomended is the Polar FT 7.

Does not look like either of these have GPS functioning, which is OK if you are not looking for that.

For God and Country,
    Steven