foot width, change in shoe size?

Options
kel913
kel913 Posts: 30 Member
I have a question for all you successful people, whether you have lost all your weight or are still striving towards your goal!

Has the width of your feet changed and have you lost shoe sizes?

My feet have always been broad since I was younger but I have never been slim. I really struggle with buying shoes and boots and I am really hoping that my feet will slim down a bit, so would be a boost if any of you have noticed this with yourselves?

:)

Replies

• stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    yeah when I lost weight, I lost a shoe size.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yes! At first I put those heel inserts in my shoes because I was walking out of them! I am currently down an entire size...almost more.
    Good luck with your goals!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I also noticed a change in in my shoe size..went from 9 to 8.5 and don't think I need a wide either..they are much roomier.
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I started, I wore and 11W or a 12 now I wear a 10 and found Nike's fit me the best because they are narrow. It is strange but awesome!!!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a 9 1/2 wide or a 10. Now I can wear regular width, 8 1/2 or 9.

This is significant for me, I've worn wide shoes since puberty.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My feet have done SO many wonky things with size, and I know a lot of it wasn't due to weight. When I was about 13, I was eating one meal and one snack per day (yeah, I know, don't even go there), and I somehow wore a size 8 or 9 shoe. Two years later, I was probably the same weight and wearing a 6.5-7. Go figure.

Anyway, more recent and relevant changes: About a year ago, I probably weighed 15 pounds more than I do now, and while I could still wear my small-running 7s (they say 7, but they feel more like some 6.5s I've owned), they were *tight*. One night I was out with a group of friends, and one of them had to carry me back to our dorm because my feet hurt too much to walk (derp). Now, that pair of shoes (a rather stunning pair of red heels) and a really cute pair of black heels that were a pass-on from my sister's sister-in-law (who has great taste in shoes and little feet) that I couldn't even get on before fit beautifully.

Funny thing about that second pair of shoes--I wore them for a presentation in December, and they fit, but they were a little snug in the heel. I put them on just now and that snugness is gone! Guess I'm still on the right track. :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    shoes fit me better now, I've gone down one shoe size even. I find it weird that my feet have shrink a little. lol
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost width in my feet.
    One of my first NSV's was being able to wear a pair of Dansko clogs that I bought and could not wear because my feet were too fat.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to wear square-type Mary Janes. Now I can wear some fairly fitted pumps. And my running shoes have started to feel loose.
  • Marjrides
    Marjrides Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes! When I started this journey about two years ago, I wore a 9 1/2 WW. Now down over 85 lbs. and counting, I take a 9M. Still bigger than the 8M in high school, but that was almost 50 years ago and those feet have seen a LOT of use since then <g>!!!
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mine are down half a size and the width of my feet is now smaller.
  • I went down one size from 9 to 8. Some of my flats just fell off my feet.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first pair of running shoes and they are a 91/2 mens (same as 10 in womens). I used to buy 10 1/2 wide mens and rarely could buy womens. The new are still a wide width but I have a long way to go still. I have lots of dress shoes I need to try on and sadly probably get rid of. But my closet could use a little cleaning out.
  • kel913
    kel913 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :) that has definitely given me a boost, its one of the things im most fed up of is not being able to find shoes to fit so it is another motivator to add to my list! Well done to you all on your journeys!
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sorry... mine are still flipper feet! I need a mens 9 to fit my toes in! Trouble is my heels are more like an 8/8.5! Sick of not being able to get colourful shoes!
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just had to go and buy new gym shoes this morning. I have gone down 1.5 sizes and can now buy a regular fit. When I started this journey I had no idea my feet would also slim down. I have spoken with a few people and they have also said they can now fit a regular shoe.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have gone down a shoe size, but I don't think it's anything to do with weight loss as I have been in a size 6 UK shoe since the age of 11 (certainly before any weight gain as this didn't happen until my 20's), then over the past year I have noticed that 6's are too big, and the last 4 pairs of shoes I have bought have all been a size 5. My theory is that much as the way standards of sizing for clothing have changed (todays size 10 is way bigger than the size 10 of 30 years ago for example), the same has happened with shoe sizes - after all it's generally more desirable to have smaller feet apparently!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    On the extreme end of things, I'm down around 215 pounds from my highest weight (185 since finding MFP). I've always had issues getting shoes wide enough. When I couldn't get wider shoes I was forced to go up sizes in the wide widths. Since losing the weight I'm down from a 16eeee to a 13eee.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    From size 10 to a size 9 now( 50 lbs lost) … at my lightest weight I was wearing a size 7 1/2 so I hope I get back to that ! It makes shoe shopping so much easier.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I lost a shoe size too. Used to be a UK10, now I'm a UK 9 in most places. Feckin' delighted cos I have giant feet for a girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!