Healthy Breakfast Options

Options
Hi there. I always tend to skip breakfast due to various reasons and because of this I tend to overeat later on in the day.

I am lactose intolerant so milk and cheese etc is out of the question.
I am in transition to becoming vegetarian.
I can't stand oatmeal/porridge because the texture just isn't for me.

What would you suggest that I try?

Replies

• kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A healthy breakfast cereal with soy or almond milk. I eat Kashi GoLean but there are lots of options out there. Look for one that has a decent amount of fibre (5g or so) and not too much sugar so you don't end up with a sugar crash.
    Other options: vegetable omelette, toast, breakfast wrap
  • dixeyk
    dixeyk Posts: 20
    Options
    There are more options than oatmeal (although steel cut oats with yogurt an almonds is pretty great) such as mulitgrain hot cereal, cream of wheat and such. I have a cool title rice cooker so I sometimes cook up Japanese sweet rice and put a few nuts and some dried fruit in it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat? red river? grapenuts with hot "almond/soy milk", fruit smoothies with protien powder, cereal in general, toast with peanut butter and banana, toast and honey with an apple, juice, grilled veggies and toast.

get creative...

I am not even a vegetarian and I can come up with dozens of options.
  • Quantumanthem
    Options
    Eat fruit- blueberries, strawberries, banana is what I usually eat for breakfast
    Plain or light yoghurt with seeds and nuts
    Corn cakes with peanut butter and honey or vegemite and margarine
    Bake some healthy corn muffins the night before or on the weekends,
    Eggs on toast
    Peanut butter and honey on toast
    Vegetable omelette
    Vegetable and fruit juice
    Lettuce wraps with cooked veges, egg, nuts inside

The options are endlessssssssss! :)
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you don't like oatmeal/porridge, you could make your own granola by toasting oats with some sweetener (not honey if you are vegan, but concentrated apple juice works) and adding dried fruits and nuts. There are lots of recipes on the web.

What about soy milk smoothies with frozen fruit and bananas?
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thomas' makes like english muffins that are 100 calories with high fiber, one of those with an egg and maybe a small piece of meat and you are getting plenty of protein and fiber to keep you full!
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with almond butter
    Fruit
    Eggs or eggs whites, with veggies, spices, or salsa
    Smoothie/protein shake
  • moon_corpse
    Options
    This is a very late reply but thank you so much for all the options! I appreciate it a lot.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got a Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker (you can get them cheap on amazon.com) and boyfriend and I have been using it and it's awesome.

I made a sandwich with light multigrain english muffin, turkey sausage, egg and a slice of american cheese and it was less than 300 calories! I'm gonna start making some with veggies mixed in soon.