another newbie needing support!!

Options
hi there my name is sharon im 39 from the uk.
i would like to get healthy and loose approx 90 pounds, i would love to make friends on here to share tips advice and support x

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Add ME!!

I'm here for you - every step of the way.

We have similar weight loss goals too!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Welcome to the myfitnesspal online family! this is a great place to get the support you need. good luck with your journey!
  • goalsaregood
    goalsaregood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I'm relatively new and am still trying to link up with friends. You're going to like this site--the community & accountability are great.
  • RMac57
    Options
    Add me too, I too am a newbie and need to lose about 60 lbs. I'm currently 209 because I slacked off terribly over the weekend and the past couple of days and BOOM added a few lbs right back on. I like exercising and do it very regularly but have huge
    issues around food and have for many years. I quit smoking 6 years ago on February and that cost me +35 lbs. I then hit
    menopause (if you are young you won't be able to relate to this one) and that was good for a few more inches around the midsection.
    I feel frustrated, but keep going. I won't give up and want to try to do the Vancouver Sun Run next year with my son. Hoping to
    do 5 k of the 10K but who knows? I have fought weight issues since I was about 30 years old and I'm currently 53.
    DO NOT GIVE UP is what my internal voice says to me every single day, and for the most part it wins out mostly. When I am bored or lonely I tend to fill up time with snacking or if I am sad, glad, excited, or stressed. Emotional eating is a tough one to fight, but I will continue on.
    The best feeling in the world is losing that first 5 lbs, and then 10 etc. When your pants slide right over your hips or just plain look very sloppy on you it is awesome. Keep going, it will happen!
  • tdesautel
    Options
    Hi, Sharon
    My name is Tami, I am also 39 and need to loose another 80 pounds, I live in Washington state USA. I have currently lost 20 lb, i have been on and off fitness pal this year and have decided it is time to kick it in gear, i would love to be pals with you i also need the encouragement and support, I am going to the gym 5 days a week and working out on cardio and strength training, hopefully will talk to you soon
  • last_chance
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I joined 3 days ago and the people are awesome... I think this place will really help you out. Good luck!
  • michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I would love to be an accountability partner for you too! Feel free to add me :]
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me, I'd love to give you support on your journey =)
  • jojojor
    Options
    Hi! Im new too so please add me too!
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon :happy: Welcome to mfp and good luck on this incredible journey!!! Add me too and I will try to give you the support you need :bigsmile: