Looking for Delicious Recipes

Options
dearestcrh
dearestcrh Posts: 9 Member
I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to food. I need some new, delicious recipe ideas. I have high blood pressure so preferably low-sodium ones. I also don't eat a lot of fish or seafood... other than that, I'm not picky.

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I always find inspiration from blogs. You can always take a recipe you like and tailor it to your needs and/or likes. I've really been digging skinnyfork.com the past few days. I've made three of the recipes already (Japanese broth, crock pot pork, and Hawaiian slaw) and they've turned out great.
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    low-salt, low-sodium recipe taken from our book 'High blood pressure: Food, facts and recipes'
    Butternut

Nutritional values:

250 Calories

0.47g Sodium

10g Fat

3g Fibre

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 35-40 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon rapeseed oil

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 butternut squash or pumpkin, about 1.5kg (3 lb), peeled, deseeded and cut into large cubes

4 tablespoons mild curry paste

100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) reduced-fat coconut milk

200ml (7 fl oz) low-salt vegetable stock

250g (8 oz) leaf spinach, washed and roughly chopped

200g (7 oz) low-fat natural bio yoghurt

Freshly ground black pepper

Basmati rice, to serve

Directions:
    1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the butternut squash or pumpkin and curry paste and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.

2. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.

3. Add the spinach in batches, stirring after each batch, until wilted. Stir in the yoghurt and cook for a further 10 minutes. Season with black pepper and serve with basmat low-salt, low-sodium recipe taken from our book 'High blood pressure: Food, facts and recipes'

Nutritional values:

250 Calories

0.47g Sodium

10g Fat

3g Fibre

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 35-40 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon rapeseed oil

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 butternut squash or pumpkin, about 1.5kg (3 lb), peeled, deseeded and cut into large cubes

4 tablespoons mild curry paste

100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) reduced-fat coconut milk

200ml (7 fl oz) low-salt vegetable stock

250g (8 oz) leaf spinach, washed and roughly chopped

200g (7 oz) low-fat natural bio yoghurt

Freshly ground black pepper
    , to serve with basmati Rice.
    Less salt does meant to cut the taste,but with the less salt we can add more flavour too.
  • tinafulcher1
    tinafulcher1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Hairy Bikers' Diet books are great and have some absolutely wonderful recipes in. I'm making the chicken korma tomorrow, from the leftover chicken from this evening's roast.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    www.CookingWithJax.com

Healthy, delicious recipes! :)