Back Again

Options
About two years ago I used MFP religiously, and I had excellent results. I had just gotten engaged, and I wanted to be able to buy the wedding dress of my dreams. I did the hard work, and I bought the dress. And sometime after buying it and the actual wedding I lost determination. My dress came in and it didn't fit. Thankfully the seamstress was able to take it out enough for me to be able to wear it, but I didn't walk down the aisle the size I knew I could be (I was an 8/10 when I bought it and walked down the aisle pushing out of a 12 into a 14). That was in July.

Six months later I have further ballooned out (and yes, that's exactly what I did. I went from 170ish to 215ish in 6 months). 45 lb weight gain in 6 months is ridiculous. Not to mention NONE of my clothes fit. Working in healthcare I get the pleasure/displeasure of wearing scrubs. They are (thankfully) very forgiving, but I noticed there are certain ones I never take out of the closet anymore. In fact, most of mine I never take out of the closet. Last January I was trying my hardest to keep my pants up over my hips and now I'm coaxing them and praying that if I squat I won't bust a seam.

I'm not going to lie, I joked about the weight gain at first. "Pfft. He's stuck with me now; I can get as fat as I want!" and the inevitable, "No, I'm not pregnant...I'm just fat" started coming up as people started to ask about our child situation. For the past couple of weeks I've been half thinking of watching what I ate. But it was always something I would do "tomorrow".

So I woke up today and ate a left over hamburger in the fridge. And I thought to myself, "Hmm. Too bad you ruined it already. I guess you could start tomorrow." And I got in the shower and looked down and didn't see my feet. And I said, "No, you'll start today, and you'll be better tomorrow."

So here I am.

Replies

• AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow, while not exact this is VERY similar to my story (I lost the weight after I got married)...I actually lost 68 and feel bad that I have gained back almost 40. My kids started getting involved in sports and it took all of my time. As I started gaining back I kept telling myself I would start again "Monday" but would allow something to discourage or distract me when Monday came. All of my nice smaller clothes just hang in the closet now and I am back to looking at plus sizes. I went to the store last week and there were some shirts on sale, I picked up and purchased a 2x. A 2x! I don't even wear a 2x- a 1x is kinda loose on me so it is too big but its like my mind gravitated back to were I was when I first started. I knew what size it was but I was thinking at the time that it was my size.That evening was a wake up call to me, I dont want to go back there and I dont want to be here. So I re-dedicated myself to myself. I started T25 this week and like it. I have lost 3 lbs so far and hopefully I will be back in my smaller size by the summer and even less by the Fall. I am looking for others like myself who want a fresh start and can help me be accountable because I know how to do this I just have to do it...
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
  • Lucyjeunesse
    Lucyjeunesse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm back here for a second shot too. I originally trained pretty hard and lost weight while preparing to climb a mountain. After that, I started a new relationship filled with nice dinners out and couch nights in... and quickly put it all back on again! Single again, I'm determined to get it back! Happy to add as a friend for support :)
  • MsBrandy247
    MsBrandy247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds all to familiar ????
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yes the time is now, tomorrow will be a new week and a new mindset you can do it, its hard but don't give up!
  • Inittowinit209
    Options
    I'm back here for a second time too, lost 50 lbs in 2011 then gained it back.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    So far I'm down two pounds, which I know is all water weight. Water weight or not, I'll take it. A loss is a loss :)

Now, to organize a list of Overnight Oats recipes that I want to make so I can go grocery shopping :)
  • karenbethrn
    karenbethrn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am back again too. I lost 44 my last round, went off for the holidays and I'm afraid to get back on the scale but all my clothes are too tight. Yep, I'm working on busting the seems of my scrubs too. I refuse to buy bigger. You can do this! Just keep it at the front of your mind constantly and be super conscious of everything you put in your mouth. Don't kill yourself for slip ups but just keep going. You got this!
  • twinmommy7411
    Options
    The important thing is you're back! two pounds lost is a great accomplishment, water weight or not, so congrats! Last year I focused and worked hard to lose weight and was able to lose 30 pounds but then after the summer I just got lazy and gained back ten of those. I started working out again at the beginning of this month, and on the days I feel like giving up I have a group of friends on facebook who motivate me to keep going. I honestly think I would have given up on my second day if it wasn't for them. Have you considered joining a challenge group like that? I was able to lose those 30 pounds last year because of the challenge group, in the end I think it's way easier to stay motivated when you have other people with the same goal as you.
  • imdawn
    imdawn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OH! MY! GOD! You are me!
    I got married in 2009 I was 135-140 (I was on Phentermine..thanks Doc...don't do it by the way, you gain it all back and THEN SOME as soon as you get off it)
    I ate....
    got a job transfer...
    and ATE...
    got a divorce...
    and ate...
    I'm up to 180ish awesome...
    Obviously NONE of my clothes fit-I have crates (yes crates) in addition to the clothes in my closet that are arranged just so that are med-larges that don't fit...but WILL fit again.
    I'm in XL all XL....and gasp 16's wtf?! I was wearing 10-12's
    Add me