can I lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks? I think I am skinny fat?

Options
I am 5'2 and 112lbs. I was 114 lbs last week.

I started gym last Monday and have gone 5 days this past week. I did 30 mins of cardio, some thigh/butt exercise on a wave machine a few minutes and 3 days of strength training.
I ate roughly 1100-1500 calories, balanced diet and high protein.

I lost 2lbs.

If I carry on like this, can I lose 6 lbs more in 3 weeks? My goal weight is 105lbs, give or take 2 lbs :). Can I reach this goal, considering I'm not all that heavy? I just have a lot of fat to lose and consider myself small built, which is why I jiggle a lot because of the excess fat haha.

Thank you :).

Replies

• hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 3 weeks will still result in a skinny fat frame. I'd imagine with that rate of weight loss you would be losing a good deal of lean mass, not just fat.
    Instead of trying to lose weight quickly, you should be focusing more on JUST getting rid of fat while building a bit of muscle. Eat at your TDEE and start lifting weights if you don't do so already. It will be a slow process but by the end of it you will have the body you want.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    personnally, I think the term "skinny fat" is a disgraceful term and should be a "banned" phrase on mfp. It is one of the reasons why so many young girls have body dysmorphia. You have a healthy bmi now. It is NORMAL for young women to have a bit of fat coverage. You are not a child anymore so cant expect to continue to have a child's body. Reducing your normal body fat percentage too much could have repercussions for your future fertility.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 3 weeks will still result in a skinny fat frame. I'd imagine with that rate of weight loss you would be losing a good deal of lean mass, not just fat.
    Instead of trying to lose weight quickly, you should be focusing more on JUST getting rid of fat while building a bit of muscle. Eat at your TDEE and start lifting weights if you don't do so already. It will be a slow process but by the end of it you will have the body you want.

^^^^This. Work on the toning, don't worry about the # on the scale.