Aunt Flow came to visit

marisol7649
marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
She came and now I dont feel like working out. should I enjoy the visit at home? UGH

Replies

• No, you should not. Aunt Flo is a fact of life, not a reason to stop. You need to at the very least take a nice, brisk walk. It will make you feel better and help counter the chocolate that you are going to cave in and eat later. :devil:
  • I know how you feel but ... No unless your really that bad. Try to get out for a walk or walk on the treadmill if its cold (I live in MN). Just something helps!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Getting out there and doing some form of exercise will actually help slow it down and relieve any symptoms you're having! You can do it
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    It's actually proven that exercise during Aunt Flo's visit improves how you feel. It eases cramping, bloating, and the general yucky feeling. I would give 'er!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    You guys are right. I am just so tired, but I am going to work out.Thanks a bunch.
  • yoga and stretching will ease cramping and body aches! and exercise helps elevate your mood, so if you feel bummed out or pissed off around your period, you might feel a little better.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Show that biotch Aunt Flow who's boss!!!!! Push yourself a little harder today and put her in her place!!!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    ^^ Speaking of that, Yogamazing.com does a routine just for Aunt Flo symptoms. It's super relaxing. <3
  • I agree... When I exercise, I find that it help with the symptoms.

You can do it!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 592 Member
    ^^ Speaking of that, Yogamazing.com does a routine just for Aunt Flo symptoms. It's super relaxing. <3

OOO that sounds interesting going to start auntie flow by the end of the day or morning not sure yet. I will have a look @ this site. last time i did a full work out everyday i had her visit, i felt so much better + i had less days with her. (i have 5 normally but had 3 last time)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    way tmi here but last week i had my period and a yeast infection at the same time. :frown: but i still worked out every single day!!! you can do it!!!
  • No, you should not. Aunt Flo is a fact of life, not a reason to stop. You need to at the very least take a nice, brisk walk. It will make you feel better and help counter the chocolate that you are going to cave in and eat later. :devil:

i TOTALLY agree!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Go work out!! If you are super tired, just do some light/moderate exercise. You will feel much better. My Aunt just left, but I was feeling like crap for a few days. I swim for exercise, so I had to bust out my "fat suits" due to bloating, BUT, I still worked out. I was exhausted when I got home, but the symptoms were much abated.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I got mine today too, and i feel your pain..i think i'm just going to do some thai chi and hip flexor stretching, because honestly my uterus hates me right now, and i suck at Insanity on the best of days...I worked out Monday and Tuesday, today is going to be stretching and deep breathing...tomorrow might be better...good luck
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member

OOO that sounds interesting going to start auntie flow by the end of the day or morning not sure yet. I will have a look @ this site. last time i did a full work out everyday i had her visit, i felt so much better + i had less days with her. (i have 5 normally but had 3 last time)

I'm going to google it too...i've never done yoga before
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    I know exactly how you feel. Mine started today at the gym...ugh! But I agree, I dont change up my routine, but rather pack some motrin in the gym bag :bigsmile: !
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    It's actually proven that exercise during Aunt Flo's visit improves how you feel. It eases cramping, bloating, and the general yucky feeling. I would give 'er!

I've been dealing with her unwelcome visit for the last few days and I agree, staying active has helped my constant cramps! I'll be doing this every month now! instead of laying on my couch curled up with my heating pad!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Bloody hell, I must be losing my marbles!

I really did think the OP's Aunt Flo (as in Florence) came for a visit and I couldn't work out why she wouldn't want to work out or if Aunt Florence was visiting for just a day or two, why the OP even bothered to ask, why not just take the day off :laugh:

However, do not worry everybody, I have it sussed and now realise who Aunt Flo(w) really is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, it's these early morning rises for work that have got to my brain LOL!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    mine came today too (but 2 days later than expected!), but I'm still gonna do my run today and try to do my JM DVD tonight.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    OH it is a $itch isn't it? But, I have found that keeping the routine and exercising really does help. I feel so much better when I am done - both physically and mentally for having overcome it! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.