fruit detox

Options
After almost a week of eating like ****, I'm ready to kick start my weight loss, and today I am doing a fruit detox. So, only water and fruit today :D
I hope this goes well :D
If I goes well, I might do this every sunday :D Feeling very positive

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I really hope you like the decor of your bathroom - you're going to spend a LOT of time looking at it.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just eat normally.

This isnt a healthy relationship with food.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's not going to help you at all.
    'Detox' is just a word used by companies to sell you products you don't need.
    If you've got a liver and kidneys, all your 'detoxing' needs are being met.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no need to detox...just eat the foodz and stay within a reasonable calorie deficet.
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree I've never heard of just eating fruit I would think fruit and veggies and nuts would be better, just stay within your calorie range!
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This sounds like when I was 15 and my best friend and I did a "fruit juice cleanse". Little did we know we were just drinking sugar water!!! Not surprisingly, nothing good came of that.

You don't need to detox anything - that is why you have a liver. Just eat normal food and you will be fine. These "diets" are not sustainable - if you just do the right thing every day with an occasional treat you can live with that and be healthy for the rest of your life.
  • Fit_little_vegan
    Options
    Why do it as a detox? Look up 80/10/10 or banana girl diet lol. You shouldn't use fruit as just a detox It should be a healthy lifestyle.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    So.... basically like the apple diet, right?

Yeah... doesn't sound appealing. No thanks. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :noway: why???
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    After almost a week of eating like ****, I'm ready to kick start my weight loss, and today I am doing a fruit detox. So, only water and fruit today :D
    I hope this goes well :D
    If I goes well, I might do this every sunday :D Feeling very positive

That's one full day a week you will be seriously short changing your body on protein and fats. Your body can detox itself just fine using your liver and kidneys.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So you're going to have fiber and sugar. I predict your Mondays will involve overeating.

Begin your "kick start" by eating a healthy balanced diet and moving more. :flowerforyou:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Your body already detoxes itself:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/picture-of-the-liver
    http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/picture-of-the-kidneys

But, if you feel like eating only fruit for a while, I hope you have a few novels stashed in your bathroom.