can I lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks? I think I am skinny fat?

Options

SORRY I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED ON THE WRONG THREAD!!!!

I am 5'2 and 112lbs. I was 114 lbs last week.

I started gym last Monday and have gone 5 days this past week. I did 30 mins of cardio, some thigh/butt exercise on a wave machine a few minutes and 3 days of strength training.
I ate roughly 1100-1500 calories, balanced diet and high protein.

I lost 2lbs.

If I carry on like this, can I lose 6 lbs more in 3 weeks? My goal weight is 105lbs, give or take 2 lbs :). Can I reach this goal, considering I'm not all that heavy? I just have a lot of fat to lose and consider myself small built, which is why I jiggle a lot because of the excess fat haha.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    if you lose 6lb in 3 weeks at your body weight...I doubt it would be fat you are losing it would be mostly muscle and water...you would be even more skinny fat.

Your are already at the lower end of your BMI and weight losses will be low and slow, that said you really don't need to focus on the scales, focus on eating well and do some resistance / strength training..your body will thank you.
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes you can drop 2 pounds a week but it my not be fat loss. I agree with Pink. With a BMI of roughly 20, weight loss shouldn't be your focus. You should probably concentrate on strength training.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the others, even if you lose the scale weight you aren't necessarily going to be happy with the results, you should definitely concentrate on strength training, you're already small enough.
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, I would not focus on weight but just on weights and building muscle.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP is 112 pounds and says she has " a lot of fat to lose"

considerations...

1. sever eating disorder = seek immediate help
    2. trolling

I choose two...
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Strength training to get rid of skinny fat.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If this is for real then stop trying to lose weight and start trying to build muscle if you want to be less squishy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You don't want to lose weight, you want to gain muscle. And yes, you can do that in 3 weeks. It's remarkable how much your muscle wants to grow.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OP is 112 pounds and says she has " a lot of fat to lose"

considerations...

1. sever eating disorder = seek immediate help
    2. trolling

I choose two...

It could actually be very true. When I started here I was 115 lbs (5"0) but I was 31% body fat. I had very little lean mass on me and was the definition of 'skinny fat'.

Strength training helps immensely as long as you can let go of scale weight goals. I have gained 15 lbs (almost all muscle) through lifting this last year yet not only do I wear the same size clothes, my BF% has gone down. I find setting your goals around lean mass/BF% instead of weight is a much healthier approach.