Kiwi recipes???

Options
soup78
soup78 Posts: 667 Member
Good Morning MFPs! :smile:

So, I bought a huge container of kiwi fruit the other day. I love them plain, but have never eaten them any other way...I was just wondering if anyone has a recipe or idea for creating a new taste??

Or maybe a low-cal dessert?! :bigsmile:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Replies

• soup78
    Options

So, I bought a huge container of kiwi fruit the other day. I love them plain, but have never eaten them any other way...I was just wondering if anyone has a recipe or idea for creating a new taste??

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Mmm...now I want kiwi thanks alot! I always liked them sprinkled with sugar..awful I know. Maybe u could make some kiwi strawberry smoothies or something like that.
  • hoysal
    hoysal Posts: 28
    Options

Not exactly a desert but this tastes yum! It is a recipe for Carribean Kiwi Salsa I found on the net some time ago. Its got this tangy sweet and sour flavour . I top grilled fish, chicken, beans or even rice with this.

Combine pineapple chunks, chopped bell peppers, chopped kiwifruit, finely chopped onion & cilantro, lime juice and a dash of cayenne pepper in a bowl. Toss thoroughly and serve.

:drinker:

70568.png
  • soup78
    Options
    Thanks yall! :smile:

I just finished working out and tried that smoothie idea. I used 2 kiwis, 1 cup strawberries, a banana, 1 cup yogurt(plain, nonfat of course) and my dietary supplement(go univera!). Very yummy and satisfying :tongue:

I have everything but the cilantro for the Carribean Kiwi Salsa, that sounds wonderful! Dinner tomorrow is tilapia topped with this and some brown rice.......or, maybe tonight!

Thanks again! :drinker:
  • soup78
    Options

Not exactly a desert but this tastes yum! It is a recipe for Carribean Kiwi Salsa I found on the net some time ago. Its got this tangy sweet and sour flavour . I top grilled fish, chicken, beans or even rice with this.

Combine pineapple chunks, chopped bell peppers, chopped kiwifruit, finely chopped onion & cilantro, lime juice and a dash of cayenne pepper in a bowl. Toss thoroughly and serve.

:drinker:

70568.png

Hey! I justed to update that I found a great recipe like the one you mentioned. I made this for company over the weekend and ended up sending some home with them - I always make a double batch. Needless to say, it's a well-liked dish. I like to use this on grilled chicken or tilapia.

Here's what I found (I think it was CookingLight.com, not sure though):

2 cups pineapple chunks- drained and chopped
    2 bell peppers-seeded and chopped (I use red and yellow)
    3 kiwifruit - diced
    1 red onion - finely chopped
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro - finely chopped
    juice of 1 lime
    dash of cayenne pepper

Combine in bowl and toss thoroughly. Makes 6 servings. Enjoy!

Calories 90 - Nutritional information is in MFP database under Carribean Kiwifruit Salsa:wink:
  • kewolle
    Options
    I love to dehydrate kiwi fruit, it stores in the fridge for up to 6 months, so you can enjoy it even when it is out of season. Simply peel the skin and slice and put into a dehydrator at 135° for 8-12 hours (depending on how thick you slice your fruit). When done, place into a sandwich bag and place in the fridge.