Over indulged

Options
So today I ate chocolate, cake and ice cream! And now I'm feeling so guilty.. Ahh but it's the weekend. It's ok once in a while right? Anyone else over their calorie limit?

Replies

• Beccajo2004
    Beccajo2004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did a couple days ago. Like way way over limit. I had a Jimmy Johns cookie that was 400 calories!!! For just the cookie!! In addition to candy, pop, ice cream. It was a whole day of over-indulgence. Back on track now!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    An easy way to feel back in control again is to log everything you ate, even if you are significantly over your calorie goal. Being accountable is a good thing! And yes, indulging every now and then is good for you. You are doing fine.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    So today I ate chocolate, cake and ice cream! And now I'm feeling so guilty.. Ahh but it's the weekend. It's ok once in a while right? Anyone else over their calorie limit?

I did the same thing yesterday. I was so guilty, today I'm trying to make this up with eating less and exercising.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It is ok once in a while. Keep it simple.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If I overdo it, I look at my weekly stats. It usually evens out, as long as I dont go cray cray with it!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Guilt means you did something morally wrong. Regret it - sure. But no guilt.

Enjoy it and build it into your weekly plan.
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes have definitely over indulged today but enjoying it as I know it will be back to normal tomorrow. I find sometimes it is nice just to eat whatever you want and relax as long as it doesn't become a habit it makes you realise you are not missing out that much.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I completely overindulged on Friday..COMPLETELY overindulged (whole box of cereal, candy, and other things) and ya know what? I'm just back on track...doesn't matter now because I can't change it and it won't make a bit of difference in the long run.
  • cristapp
    Options
    I think the most important thing to do is to recognize what triggered it, learn from that, and move on and stop feeling guilty. I have learned recently that if I have a piece of cake, I can still get back on track for the remainder of my day without guilting myself to death. Just cuz I had a piece of cake doesn't mean I have to say to hell with today and eat anything for the rest of that day. A small setback is much easier to deal with than a big setback.
  • jennyxoheff
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over every little "slip" or perceived failure.

Positive thinking promotes positive action. Everything is a learning opportunity :)

P.s. Most of us probably overindulged this weekend ;)
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This must have been the weekend for snacking! I TOTALLY went overboard with homemade snack mix yesterday, and decided to bake (made bread, cookies, and muffins). Then had 1/2 of a HUGE ribeye for dinner. I know that when I have an off day, and don't end with a deficit that I am going to retain / gain a bit the next day, but I also know that if I hit the gym hard the next day, that usually helps. So for a weekend, if Friday or Saturday are off, it's not going to really hit the scale until Monday...so I have a whole day to catch up! Today, hitting the afternoon spin class at the gym, then some strength training. Hoping that I won't even notice tomorrow morning, other than feeling strong and ready for the week to start!
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I did that yesterday as well. I felt bad about it but I looked at my week in total and saw I was good the other days so that made me feel better.

One day isn't as bad as we think. We just have to make sure more days are good than bad. :)
  • tishgo
    tishgo Posts: 5
    Options
    had a big roast today with all trimmings and a pud not going to beat myself up and niether should you. ill get right back on it.:smile:
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is why we keep a journal. Don't feel bad. I had some Pie today. I ask husband to pick me up some weight watchers pie and he picked up the Edwards pie slices which are 300 + calories. Well I ate the one he bought me . A slice is better than a whole pie plus it satisfied my wants for today. If we don't get occasionsly we will really overdo it later.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It didn't take you a day to lose it, and it won't take you a day to gain it. It' just one day out of a lifetime, don't stress! We all have them and it's normal so enjoy it.
  • deepthavinay
    Options
    Feeling better now;) got up early and went for a run today.. Thanks guys!
  • klgibb1
    Options
    Just hop back on the horse!! You got this!!
  • Steph_123
    Steph_123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I'm not alone on making unhealthy choices this weekend. Here's to a better week and possibly a slightly less unhealthy next weekend?

Also, if anyone wants to motivate (or judge during these weekend binges) each other, I'd be down for some more friends who are active on here.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you don't allow yourself treats at least occasionally, it's unlikely you stick with your weight loss long term. Figure out how to fit them into your calorie allowance in the future, that way when you have them, you won't have any guilt!
  • kuroneko1082
    kuroneko1082 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. My trainer is a professional body builder, though I am not heading down that track myself, but he recently told me that I should give myself 12 days a year to eat whatever I want to on those days and not feel bad about it. Those 12 days do include all major over-indulgent holidays, with a few left over for days when we mess up. And he also said that even if I have days when I only go over a little, not to beat myself up about it. Being perfect isn't possible, especially in today's carb-tastic society. Just accept that every day has its own challenges and that even if I didn't beat everything I wanted to in that one day, I still made progress. So, keep focused on the goal, but be realistic. Don't expect perfection when it comes to nutrition and give yourself some room to make mistakes. We are all human, but we can all do this. I also totally agree with daniellabella. You don't lose it in a day, so one day isn't going to make you gain it all back. So, remember to be forgiving, especially of yourself.