Favorite source of protein?

Options

Replies

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Heck you can keep them in your pocket. Not a lot of protein is that easy
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Lobster!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nuts are more of a fat source, I don't really eat those for protein. My favorite sources are eggs (omelet style stuffed with cheese and/or avocado), quest bars (double chocolate chunk & coconut cashew), protein powders (current fave it trutein pumpkin pie), boca spicy chik'n patties, and fage non-fat plain greek yogurt mixed with a couple of packets of stevia and heath candy pieces or chocolate chips.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lachs :love:
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Delicious and made the macros look great that day:happy:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    Delicious and made the macros look great that day:happy:
    I kid. Good for you. Personally not a fan of turkey.
  • fizzylizzy4
    fizzylizzy4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love fish! Yellow fin Tuna steaks. (I love Orcabay brand- they come frozen pre-packaged) and are sustainable!

They also have same protein as chicken breast but less calories (also lower in fat and cholesterol than chicken.)
  • esmeylull
    Options
    You guys made me soo hungry!! I am going to go and cook one of your ideas:)
  • esmeylull
    Options
    I found a new way to cook eggs, scrambled eggs boiled in zip-lock but is it unhealthy? Is cooking it in plastic a bad idea?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    beef, poultry, pork, fish, eggs....
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :love: :heart: fat free greek yogurt (in shakes, smoothies, dips, spreads - in place of Mayo or sour cream for everything) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    and I live in Alaska so I'd have to say Alaskan King Crab - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (no more clarified butter though!) LOL :noway: :sad: :huh:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    grilled medium rare (more on the rare side) juicy wonderful steak. Don't get to have it nearly often enough!

This :)
  • stanluoser
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, and more chicken :)
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    raw salmon
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Meat.
    I don't know why people keep saying nuts. Almonds, which are about the best protein wise, have only about 4-6 grams for about 160 k-calories. Nuts are a good source of FAT. You might as well say whole wheat bread which has almost 4g of protein for 70 kcals.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Eggs and Shrimp
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at how much protein can be consolidated in a small block of tofu! That and legumes of any kind. I throw hemp powder in my smoothies (lactose intolerance and a low budget make many other protein powders out of the question).
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bacon.. but not just any bacon? Applewood smoked!! Ohhhh so good. *lol*

But seriously though. I like to get pork roasts because they last several meals, sandwich ham is awesome just to roll up and eat with pickles or something, Hard boiled eggs (I like to dip them in Lighthouse blue cheese), Steak... umm. yeah.
  • Vegetables, nuts, tofu, seitan, wholewheat pasta, spirulina, hemp, beans, lentils and grains.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Roasted turkey breast boneless tenderloin. Versatile and get several meals out of it.
    Pork loin. Also verstile and get several meals.
    Shrimp.
    Hard boiled or poached eggs.